No announcement yet.

New Member new to me 2000 GM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I ran a Auto Check also is also shows exactley 76,000 miles they do not list the color

It shows the market value on this car as $1383.00 for a private sale

So for now I will assume the car was sold not running and they guessed the mileage wrong. and some how Carfax has the color wrong.

I am just going to do what I can to this car without dumping alot of cash into it seeing as it has such a low retail value.

The day before I purchased this car I just missed out on a 2004 Gold grage kept GM with 56K on it that had bucket seats and a center console.

I only mised buying it by one hour because my wife was late from her last signing job and I missed my appiontment. ( man i was pissed LOL ) That must have been a rare GM I have only seen Marauders

with bucket seats and a center console with a floor shifter.
    2007 Ford Crown Victoria LX Sport

Comment

LoL a clean one like yours would go for at least double that up here.

If there's any advice I could give you, it would be not to worry about resale value unless you plan on making money off of it. If it's a driver, you've got a solid platform for a reliable DD.
      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
      1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

That must have been a 2004 MGM LSE. I don't think there were many of them made, but not sure how the production numbers compare to the Marauder.
        Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
        ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
        ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
        ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
          LoL a clean one like yours would go for at least double that up here.

If there's any advice I could give you, it would be not to worry about resale value unless you plan on making money off of it. If it's a driver, you've got a solid platform for a reliable DD.
          I have no plans for this car yet until I get around to checking it out top to bottom to see how long of a list of parts I need. so far the list of must haves is short and cheap. ( with exception for the top )

My last vehicle was a 2002 Ford Ranger that i dumped 9K into then ended up giving it to my Sister that was in desperate need for a vehicle. So now I have to start all over again.

Yet for me since I am disabled I only need a car to get out of the house every once in a while, go to the doctors every so often and most importantly a vehcile gives me something to tinker with when my pain level allows me.

As far as money it does not take too many car payments on a new over priced vehicle make my paid for GM look very good and well worth spending money to fix up.

But my heart was set on that bucket seat garage kept GM that I missed out on.

Thanks for the advice

Comment

Originally posted by EaOutlaw1969 View Post
            On the drivers side fender i used wd-40 and goof off and a old debit card yet still managed to pull off a few spots of paint.

Using the steam method only, both large strips on the passenger rear door came off with no missing paint, then I just used a little goof off on a rag to wipe off the residual

I cut up my finger some and steamed them a few times which I did not know I did until my fingers were soaked in goof off ( wow that sucks LOL )

I just saw a video demo of a tool that buffs off the tape yet there is a good chance to mess up the paint so for now I will stick with my method unless someone else has a better idea.

https://youtu.be/X5P7w9vPYwY
            The eraser wheels....

I see them being used more and more often these days. I too am a bit weary of them.
            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I used to use an eraser wheel when I was a painter's assistant at a dealership. Never had a problem with them, just watch the heat you're generating and keep the pressure to only as much as needed. Easier said then done I suppose but 20 year old me never burned through. At the worst I had to use rubbing compound and such to remove the swirl marks left behind.

Well, if you do want one with bucket seats then get one with bucket seats. Kinda why we're going to sell our '91 Mark VII. It's a solid platform, just not the right color combo or trim package that Ashley really wants. So rather than make this one nice, she'll wait and get the 90-92 LSC with blue, red or tan interior. (She doesn't like gray.)

Comment

Originally posted by VicCrownVic View Post
                That must have been a 2004 MGM LSE. I don't think there were many of them made, but not sure how the production numbers compare to the Marauder.
                Very few LSE models were sold in Canada.
                '79 Continental Town Car
                '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
                  I used to use an eraser wheel when I was a painter's assistant at a dealership. Never had a problem with them, just watch the heat you're generating and keep the pressure to only as much as needed. Easier said then done I suppose but 20 year old me never burned through. At the worst I had to use rubbing compound and such to remove the swirl marks left behind.

Well, if you do want one with bucket seats then get one with bucket seats. Kinda why we're going to sell our '91 Mark VII. It's a solid platform, just not the right color combo or trim package that Ashley really wants. So rather than make this one nice, she'll wait and get the 90-92 LSC with blue, red or tan interior. (She doesn't like gray.)
                  I think I could get away fine using the eraser wheel on the flat part of the panels but where the adhesive strip is near the lower section of the doors and fenders there is a body line with a edge that I am sure i would burn through.

So far the steam method works great as long as I get off all traces of the plastic body side molding first.

Yesturday I got a over the phone quote from a upholstry shop that said they will recover the vinyl top for $955.00

If the the car checks out mechanically and does not need anything major I will keep this one, fix it up and keep my eye out for another grage kept low mileage LSC, yet with my luck I seem to never have the cash on hand or timing to get that unicorn i have been searching for.

Comment

Welcome to the Party!!

-ryan s.
                    08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                    97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                    94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                    73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                    12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                    Originally posted by pantera77
                    Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Originally posted by EaOutlaw1969 View Post
                      I think I could get away fine using the eraser wheel on the flat part of the panels but where the adhesive strip is near the lower section of the doors and fenders there is a body line with a edge that I am sure i would burn through.

So far the steam method works great as long as I get off all traces of the plastic body side molding first.

Yesturday I got a over the phone quote from a upholstry shop that said they will recover the vinyl top for $955.00

If the the car checks out mechanically and does not need anything major I will keep this one, fix it up and keep my eye out for another grage kept low mileage LSC, yet with my luck I seem to never have the cash on hand or timing to get that unicorn i have been searching for.
                      Just make sure the wheel is rotating off the edge, not into it and you'll be as good as salt on French fries.

$1000 doesn't seem like a bad deal, especially if it's a quality job. My top needs to be done or at least tucked in. The rear window on the inside of the "frame" is coming undone and one part around the body molding is also up. Vinyl is just fine though so I'd rather keep it and not have to have the whole thing redone.

Seems to be our problem too. It's tough finding things for the right price or distance and or shape.

Comment

I am not sure if I updated this post or not, I did finally get all the stuck on double sided tape off, I will say using the wheel on this job I do not think would have been an option for me because of the built up dirt that was stuck to the tape. I think the dirt would have just been ground into the paint.

I think that eraser wheel would work great for any molding badges etc where the part was freshly removed yet if you ride around for years with the tape exposed like my car was before I bought it, I would highley suggest using steam and a plastic scraper to start removing the leading edge of the tape and just light pulling while injecting the steam between the tape and paint makes the tape come right off.

This works great if the tape is undamged yet if it is cut all to hell like some of my tape was ( life is hell trying to remove it LOL )

Comment

Working...
                        X