No announcement yet.

How to paint calipers ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have painted calipers both on and off cars for years. It is a pain, and eventually they all start to need a little clean up. Its fine for a daily driver, but spray can paint rarely holds up. Although, I have had much better luck topcoating with a "professional" clear.

On my Mustang, I decided to powdercoat, as I've never actually done it before, but it seems to be the most thorough method.

They came out great, the stuff is very durable, and it looks amazing (I did an "as cast" grey). Rebuild kits are cheap, and disassembly is very straightforward.

Cost was ~$100 for (2) drums and (2) calipers, but I have had this guy coat alot of stuff for me in the past.
    **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
    **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
    **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
    **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

I used the POR15 caliper paint on my '05 and it came out great, I bought the kit though. The kit comes with the cleaner, POR15 and a top coat that goes over the black POR15...mine was black

LOUD EXHAUST IS FUN! AM I SHOUTING?
      1989 Country Squire - Twilight Blue, 347 stroker

2005 Crown Victoria Sport - Black - Stainless Works full exhaust with Borla Pro XS mufflers, BBK 75mm TB, Accufab plenum, CVPI airbox, Heinous control arms, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by BlackVic_P71 View Post
        I used the POR15 caliper paint on my '05 and it came out great, I bought the kit though. The kit comes with the cleaner, POR15 and a top coat that goes over the black POR15...mine was black

How long ago did you do it? Have you driven through any winters since? How do they look now?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bean View Post
          How long ago did you do it? Have you driven through any winters since? How do they look now?
          Did it in 2009, had the car until 2013 and it was driven year round. It held up well.

1989 Country Squire - Twilight Blue, 347 stroker

2005 Crown Victoria Sport - Black - Stainless Works full exhaust with Borla Pro XS mufflers, BBK 75mm TB, Accufab plenum, CVPI airbox, Heinous control arms, etc...

Comment

Working...
          X