Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jaywish View Post
    Just got to cover the basics.

Did you clean the terminals even if they look ok?
    Check the other end of the ground connection.
    Are the terminal clamps themselves in good condition? Sometimes the replacement ones need cleaning and reseating under the bolt on wire clamp The wire must be held in tight.

When battery is charged, (has it been checked for condition?)
    With key off do you get headlights when you turn them on?
    Are they normal brightness?
    With headlights on, have someone or use mirror, turn the key to crank/start while looking at headlights. What happens to engine & headlights?
    I just wanted to say thanks for reminding me to keep it simple, this advice I have given to countless others for many years.

Yet the very first thing I did on this car was assume because I got my GM so cheap that some hard to fix probelm was wrong with it.

It has been six days since i cleaned the battery cables and terminals plus the starter connections, My car has started reliably everytime since then.

I will also admit not one of the cables I cleaned seemed bad enough to cause a not start problem.

Once agian thank you for the reminder
    2007 Ford Crown Victoria LX Sport

Comment

We all do it.
      03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
      02 SL500 Silver Arrow
      08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
      12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Working...
      X