Jump seat lock thing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jump seat lock thing

On my 87 colony park, I decided to try the lock that secures the rear jump seats from coming up, the push button thing right by the tail gate. Put the key in, ended up twisting it like 360 degrees, and it made kinda a pop sound. Now the key won't go in at all, and it's locked shut.. help?

IIRC you may have to push down to rotate?

It has been years though.......
    03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
    12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

IIRC, mine only turned 180 degrees, however my latch doesn’t hold properly, even when locked. It’ll pop free from vibrations going down the road or if you tug on the handle to lift them up.

My Cars:
      -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
      -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
      -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
      -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

Lube it up. Maybe with some graphite? Then try to rotate it back where it came from.

Neither one of mine turn at all. That doesn’t mean that yours is broken... maybe mine are. The 88 never locks. The 90 locks automatically and you just push down with the key and it pops open.
        1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
        1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
        Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
        Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

I took mine out of the car and freed it up and lubed it, works fine now.

Comment

Working...
          X