Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess with the recent upgrades the "new posts" function has changed. Once you look at a post it immediately disappears from the "new Posts" display until, I guess, someone adds a reply. If you start a thread it does not show at all as you have obviously viewed it while you were posting it.
    03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
    12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

I've always understood that's how it's designed to work - new posts is not a summary of recent activity, but rather posts (whether they be threads or replies) that you, individually, have not seen yet. Once you see it, it ceases to be 'new'.

(contrasted against Recent Posts, which is a list of recent activity whether you've seen it or not)

There was some (I suspect) broken functionality re: what you've seen vs what you haven't before, as I noticed some weird behaviour surrounding that up until the update the other day. If you saw it behaving differently from how I outlined above it may have been a bug...

I'm curious to see others' takes on it as well.
    Last edited by kishy; 02-23-2018, 06:58 PM.

Current driver: Ranger
    Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
    | 88 TC | 91 GM
    Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
    Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
    | Junkyards

Comment

It did not work that way before & I guess i got used to using it.
      03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
      02 SL500 Silver Arrow
      08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
      12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

I primarily use "Today's Posts" under "Quick Links", and sometimes the Recent Threads list on the "Homepage". That's been good enough for me.

2000 Grand Marquis LS HPP, a hand-me-down in 2008 with 128,000 km; 175,000 km as of July 2014
        mods: air filter box 'tuba', headlight relay harness, J-mod (around 186,350 km), 70mm throttle body, KYB Gas-A-Just shocks, aluminum driveshaft, ARA3 PCM

Comment

It did rebuild the search indexes, possible it did something with the read posts. I'll see if anything changed. I had to hit the "mark all forums read" button to clear a bunch of older posts from showing up for me. Not sure what that was about.

and yeah, new posts are supposed to just be what you haven't seen so far. Once you see it, its not new.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

It did revert my read threads once by about 8 or 12 hours, but other than that, Just noticing that things work the way they were intended and getting used to the way things were supposed to work will just take time. If I want to see something I looked at earlier in my session, I'll use the "Today's posts" link. It works well enough.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            Originally posted by gadget73
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
            X