Rearview mirrors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rearview mirrors

So lately I have been driving more at night in my 88 because of my work schedule and didn’t realize how bad i want autodimming rearview mirror like my marauder I picked up one at the junkyard that looked almost like the one i have in my marauder minus the compass. But after looking online I found this one that has a garage door opener built in something called homelink. supposedly it says is available in a Lincoln continental have yall seen it before, but how would it read the temperature is there a sensor somewhere or is it built in.

As far as the temp sensor goes, most factory Ford stuff from the era uses a sensor that looks like this, usually hidden in the radiator support area or front parts of the fender in a space blocked from the engine bay, yet also not susceptible to water from tire sling up.

1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Its the same as an intake air temp sensor if you've got one of those.

I need to replace the one in my Mark VII. The auto-dim is dicked, I think the mirror itself has de-laminated, everything has this wierd double vision thing going on. Was thinking of updating the mirror to a newer one if I could make it work. If one existed with no compass or temp display but with the garage door opener that would be cool. I already have compass and temperature in the console directly above the mirror so it would be redundant.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

The sensor on newer cars sits behind the grille on one of the frame crossbeams in front of the a/c condenser. It looks like the one pictured above.

I have one of the mirrors you pictured above in the Mod Box. It uses different windshield mount than what comes on boxes so that will need to be swapped. Otherwise it just needs power. The compass is built into the mirror. As far as temperature display, mine doesn't show that but I am assuming that's because I have EATC which shows temperature and one overrides the other.

Comment

They do exist with various options, usually if its OE the functions elsewhere in the car won't be duplicated on the mirror. Thats why I want one without those things on the Mark VII, it has them on the console directly above the mirror. The trick may be getting the stupid auto dim eyeball to mount.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by Elias View Post
            So lately I have been driving more at night in my 88 because of my work schedule and didn’t realize how bad i want autodimming rearview mirror like my marauder I picked up one at the junkyard that looked almost like the one i have in my marauder minus the compass. But after looking online I found this one that has a garage door opener built in something called homelink. supposedly it says is available in a Lincoln continental have yall seen it before, but how would it read the temperature is there a sensor somewhere or is it built in.
            Are you still looking for one? I have the original Auto dim from my 94 if your interested..

-1994 Lincoln Town Car...always under construction

Comment

No but thanks i plan on getting the one i posted with the garage door opener built in

Comment

Working...
              X