No announcement yet.

Hey there, just picked up my '87 Crown Vic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, that's an awesome photo haha. Looks like it could be the set of a snuff film or something. "It puts the lotion on it's hands or it gets the hose again!"
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
      Wow, that's an awesome photo haha. Looks like it could be the set of a snuff film or something. "It puts the lotion on it's hands or it gets the hose again!"
      Right? SAW: Crown Victoria gas tank edition"

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Welcome to the fun! Yeah that's a nasty-lookin' tank but all will be well soon. Definitely get you a brass tv bushing. I'm digging through my junk in a couple days to get my 347 off to the shop and have some extras if you need one. I should find them in the process of digging. I run 17" wheels with 255/50/17's. Rides a little stiffer but these cars are so fluffy it isn't bad. If you're not picky about having black wheels, '98-'02 cop car wheels fit nicely and offer you some other tire options. Aside from being a little weathered on the outside, looks like a nice car and should serve you well. These things are fun and addictive.

Comment

Originally posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
          Welcome to the fun! Yeah that's a nasty-lookin' tank but all will be well soon. Definitely get you a brass tv bushing. I'm digging through my junk in a couple days to get my 347 off to the shop and have some extras if you need one. I should find them in the process of digging. I run 17" wheels with 255/50/17's. Rides a little stiffer but these cars are so fluffy it isn't bad. If you're not picky about having black wheels, '98-'02 cop car wheels fit nicely and offer you some other tire options. Aside from being a little weathered on the outside, looks like a nice car and should serve you well. These things are fun and addictive.
          thank you! I ordered a new tv bushing from latemodelresto in hopes a mustang one will work. haven't tried it yet though. i'll keep you updated on that. I think i've decided to just stick with the stock wheels, not sure how far I want to take this thing anyway. it'll probably just get a few cop car parts and then get left alone. i came really close to ordering a turbo kit last night with ebay's sale going on, but I was able to resist the urge. it would have been a huge project... and I have enough of those!
          gosh I hope they aren't as addictive as my other things. I just got my bronco (my current DD) pretty much back up to spec as far as reliability goes. i'd like to just have a less customized easy to drive vehicle for those lazy days and long trips.

y'all may not be too into trucks, but i'm gonna show y'all a photo of my truck anyway. lol

Comment

TV bushings are TV bushings. Mustang part will work fine.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

That Bronco is nice.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
              Originally posted by gadget73
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
              Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                TV bushings are TV bushings. Mustang part will work fine.
                Great! I couldn't seem to verify that so that's a relief.
                Originally posted by sly View Post
                That Bronco is nice.
                Thank you!

Still waiting on parts, new tank is coming in on Monday. Hoping to fire it up later that day depending how things go. Nothing ever happens as quickly as I'd hope it to lol.

Comment

not impossible you'll find the injectors are shot if the tank was that nasty. Hopefully the fuel in the rail didn't petrify.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Sweet bronco, i've been thinking about getting one.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
                      That Bronco is nice.
                      x2 on that. I love me a Bronkie. Jeeps are cool too but I dunno.. I.. me.. Ferds..
                      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                      1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Thanks y'all! I actually spent the last few days working on it instead. Crown Vic will definitely get some love this week as well though. I dunno if y'all have heard but we had three package bombs explode here in Austin this week, two today. My gf has been very nervous about all my UPS packages full of parts coming in... Especially the fuel tank! It's been a pretty scary and sad weekend for us Texans. but that's a whole other subject.

Comment

Definitely a weird turn of events and we all hope you stay safe. If you see some weirdo carrying a package nervously, shoot 'em. Too many crazies out there these days.

Comment

Originally posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
                            Definitely a weird turn of events and we all hope you stay safe. If you see some weirdo carrying a package nervously, shoot 'em. Too many crazies out there these days.
                            funny you commented this today, they believe they found him and he blew himself up in his car this morning. they don't know what his whereabouts were for the past 24 hrs though, so we still have to watch out. hopefully this is the end of this insanity.
                            all the parts came in, I need to take out the sending unit and give it a test , then get the tank all set up and install it. can't wait to have the old girl running!

Comment

well it's been taking way too long but I pulled the sending unit out today and it looks CRUSTY. I can't seem to find a replacement. anyone know of a retrofit I can do, or maybe can I use a later year sending unit? this one looks real bad.

Comment

I think you're pretty well screwed on the sending unit. You'll need one less crusty (or at least functional) from a 79-89 model. If I remember correctly, the new tank was in 90 with the pump and sending unit all in one hanger. I think the new one also changed the resistance values so it's not a direct swap either.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                                Originally posted by gadget73
                                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                                Originally posted by dmccaig
                                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                                X