Fox body LTD and trunk organizer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fox body LTD and trunk organizer

Fox body LTD- looks clean https://stlouis.craigslist.org/cto/d...514909783.html

08 Lincoln trunk organizer https://stlouis.craigslist.org/pts/d...520942005.html
    These are highly engineered precision vehicles, the first step in diagnosing the problem is to strike the suspected offending part sharply and repeatedly with a blunt object, then re-test.

This Ltd would have the V-6. 4 wheel studs for the 4 or 6 cyl. 5 studs for the V-8. I would not mind having this car.
    What I really would like would be the Ltd with the police package and the HO 5.0. Hard to find though in good shape.

Comment

I've seen one of them thar LTD's with the 5.0! Even got a tach to go with them. Something about a sport package. Guy wanted $2,500 for it and that was about ten years ago now. I've never seen another one. That one was 5 speed swapped...
      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
      1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

There was the sport package which had the console, sport steering wheel, tach, HO motor. Most of the police package stuff. I have a sport postcard and I think a sales brochure. Small car but pretty fast.

Comment

The v8 fox LTD was a one-year car and the HO motor was unfortunately the shitty CFI one. Have seen a few available and occasionally they pop up at a reasonable price. Kinda kicking myself for not buying the last one i saw. Would be a fun little car. I need another fox something. Miss my zephyr...

Comment

Ah, so '85. This guy had slapped a carb on it like they all do. Not sure why I didn't jump on it. Probably funds, it's always funds & lack of space plus purpose. Although "I want it." is enough purpose nowadays. Getting hard to find decent stuff for cheap nowadays.

Comment

That organizer.

Much nicer than the police ones.
              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Will they fit box TC's or did the trunk pan change by '08?

Comment

I'd love one of those organizers to hide the jack and jumper cables in. Not sure if it fits a box or not though. Could probably mock something up with cardboard and see if the footprint of the box and whale trunk is close enough to work.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I got one out of an 05 grand marquis, and its fits pretty good in my 89 town car.

Comment

awesome, thanks for the confirmation
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Shipping is expensive on those things. I was going to get one from a police package car. It was going to cost almost $100 due to the size. They are not very heavy. Try to find one locally.

Comment

There is one for 225 on CL but its pushing a 2 hour drive. Not sure I feel motivated enough to go that far or spend quite that much.

Comment

My 03 LX Sport came with the 4 panel organizer in it. If need be I can see how it fits in my 84 or 89 CV. The 89 might take a minute since I have some parts in the trunk but it wouldn't be hard to clear it out. And yes, it's nice to hide the jack and whatnot in and have a clean looking trunk and it's not too heavy to remove as long as it's pretty empty.
                            These are highly engineered precision vehicles, the first step in diagnosing the problem is to strike the suspected offending part sharply and repeatedly with a blunt object, then re-test.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                              I'd love one of those organizers to hide the jack and jumper cables in. Not sure if it fits a box or not though. Could probably mock something up with cardboard and see if the footprint of the box and whale trunk is close enough to work.
                              Glad to hear the organizer fits but I had the same dilemma as you. I just ended up finding two small boxes that fit perfectly between the spare and hinges for the trunk. I've got one box designated for spare oil & funnel and the other which contains jumper cables and a tow strap. A bungie cord goes from one hinge to the next to make sure the boxes don't fall off.

Comment

Working...
                              X