No announcement yet.

ABS light on help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd consider the crap tires a bonus for abs testing. Don't need to get too fancy with it, just a hard stop from about 20, ideally on slightly wet road or gravel will fire it.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Currentley I have one new tire ( the spare ) on the left front and three other mismatched tires all of them have different amount of tread left on them not to mention a seaping master cylinder that needs to be delt with before I want to test the ABS.

I am not driving the car yet as I am still in the process of doing a partial mechanical and cosmetic resoration of the car, you can rest assured this car will not be done or registered untill the entire car gets a clean bill of health.
      2007 Ford Crown Victoria LX Sport

Comment

I did not get around to post an update on this issue, yet on one of my last test drives the abs and trac control light did come on.

This time I purchased a OTC code read which came up with a C1095

I have no had time to look it up but I suspect I will find a shorted pump motor and possibly a shorted controller

If I am up to it I will look into it tomorrow and update the post again

Comment

Well now I am getting frustrated arrrrrg. LOL

I checked all the abs fuses again they are fine, I suspected a ABS pump motor possibly being the cause of the shorted ABCM however I measured the ohms of both the motors I have and they read the same.

For the heck of it I installed my spare motor and tested the old one while it was out of the car.

It is just a simple 12 volt two wire motor one wire hot the other ground the motor spins clockwise and reverse when you switch the wires.

The motor has a cam lobe built on that it spins the cam presses down on two plungers in the distribution block

Mitchell shows on car testing yet shows a brown wire coming from the ABS motor which is to get grounded during testing and fused power gets applied to the other wire.

This is where it is frustrating because both wires on both motors are in a thick black insulation.

So I decided to peel back some of this insulation on my off the car spare motor only to find neither of the wires has any color coded insulation on them it is just bare wire under the thick black insulation.

Since it just pushes on plungers I did not see the harm in testing the on the car motor to listen to the motor operating the plungers.

Off the car the motor is powerful and quiet attached to the distribution block the pump or block assembly sounds very noisy and suspicious.

Yet I am doubtful the noise is anything but normal since the pump motor should not be called for during normal driving.

I guess I have more diagnostics to do yet the information I get from Michell is turning out to be conflicting

For example during part of the diagnostics it shows a black wire circuit that needs to be tested and shows its ground point is on the front of the right fender and has it labeled as c1001 yet when you go to the wiring diagram it clearly shows c1001 on the the drivers fender apron

Yes I looked at and cleaned both grounding points which I think are c1001 and c1002 yet with this conflicting information
          I can not trust any of the test .

Especially when each test want you to probe connectors at a break out box location and does not refer to the wire on the car.

Sorry for ranting but my back and neck is hurting from messing around with this damn car.

Time for another break and consider what I want to try next short of buying a breakout box and a NGS tester

Comment

C1095 is hydro pump circuit failure as I guess you have determined.
            03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
            02 SL500 Silver Arrow
            08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
            12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

btw have you checked and cleaned what ford calls connector C115 EVAC & Fill Connector which is located on the LF fender liner, about in the middle of the fender?
              03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
              02 SL500 Silver Arrow
              08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
              12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Originally posted by jaywish View Post
                btw have you checked and cleaned what ford calls connector C115 EVAC & Fill Connector which is located on the LF fender liner, about in the middle of the fender?
                No but I am willing to give anything a try at this point.

There are two of these type dead end connections I will try and find which one your talking about with Mitchell but knowing them they will claim it is in the truck. LOL

I will say when I pulled back some of the insulation on the original pump motor wires both wires were corroded under the insulation like a very old battery cable.

Comment

It is not a dead end connection. I can't post a location pic but maybe you can find it on the internet.
                  02 SL500 Silver Arrow

Comment

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2000-Ford-C...Zaw8Yq&vxp=mtr

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2000-FORD-C...1T0Afx&vxp=mtr
                    02 SL500 Silver Arrow

Comment

Thanks for the help and links to the manuals I hope they are still available when I have the cash in a week or so

Comment

maybe this will be of help
                        Attached Files
                        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

also this1095 troubleshooting.pdf

courtesy Alldata but I'm pretty sure this is straight out of the Ford factory manuals.

Comment

and the last bit of it, the wiring diagrams for the system
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                              also this[ATTACH]49710[/ATTACH]

courtesy Alldata but I'm pretty sure this is straight out of the Ford factory manuals.
                              Yes, it is. It's a few pages of the 25 page one I posted in the rant thread.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                              Originally posted by gadget73
                              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                              Originally posted by dmccaig
                              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                                maybe this will be of help
                                Thanks that is the one i was thinking it was and it is one of the connectors i was calling a dead end since the connector is just a looped wire

and thanks for the attachments and help. the guy from Mitchell sent me what seems like 40 - 50 pages or more which may be enough to diagnose my issue.

last night I was seeing red from the absolute incorrect and incomplete information on Mitchells website and what got me even madder was the lack of a simple appology.

I looked over the pin point test for c1095 at least now i actually can test some of the system, Some of it I will have to take a leap of faith because the lack of a Ford tester yet now that i have circuit information and wire colors with the pin point test and wiring diagrams I stand a chance figuring it out.

It is strange how even Alldata ( copy of Ford ) shows a Brown wire at the ABS Pump Motor yet the wires at the motor are thick and black ( both sides ) At least Alldata shows the connector in a diagram so you know which one get + and which one gets - to test the Motor.

I will rerun that test both on my old on car ABS motor and the off car ABS motor and compare noises I have a feeling since my car sat for so with crappy brake fluid that maybe one or more of the parts inside the ABS manifold is stuck because when I manually operated the Motor yesturday it sounded like crap.

Thanks again for the help

i will also check the Evac and fill connector for corrsion now I know for sure which one it is.
                                Last edited by EaOutlaw1969; 04-12-2018, 04:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X