HO parts from 95 Mustang GT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HO parts from 95 Mustang GT

Sorry I haven't gotten around to doing an introductory post yet with my mgm. I bought a 1988 Grand Marquis LS with the stock 5.0 EFI engine. It's all in great condition inside and out.

Recently I was at my local junkyard grabbing a 3g alternator and noticed they just got a 1995 GT Mustang with a 5.0 HO. The j/y's where i'm at are usually pretty small and good stuff is taken fast. I've been wanting to do an HO conversion since I got the car and this mustang is the first HO i've seen at the j/y.

My question is what HO parts from this 95 Mustang do you think could be used on an 88 marquis? I figure the heads are going to work and probably the injectors but what about the cam, computer, intake, and other parts?

Thanks guys and I'll be doing my intro post soon with pictures

computer won't. 94-95 have additional, unneeded stuff that was kinda prep for OBD-II compared to 86-93. Check the charts: http://www.grandmarq.net/oldfuelinje...0Lpinouts.html

The entire engine would be better than swaping out the heads as you have better pistons with valve reliefs that make it a non-interference engine. You would have to get a mass-air computer and (if you want to keep it functional) separate cruise control module. Wiring in the cruise would be the hard part of the wiring. The ECM would just need a few wires moved and added to get the mass air working. The upper intake would need to be rotated 180 degrees and a new gasket installed there. Can't remember if the throttle body needs to have the lever swapped over or not on that one though. I think it does need to be swapped. preferably the lightning egr spacer and throttle body would be preferred, but those are spendy.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
      computer won't. 94-95 have additional, unneeded stuff that was kinda prep for OBD-II compared to 86-93. Check the charts: http://www.grandmarq.net/oldfuelinje...0Lpinouts.html

The entire engine would be better than swaping out the heads as you have better pistons with valve reliefs that make it a non-interference engine. You would have to get a mass-air computer and (if you want to keep it functional) separate cruise control module. Wiring in the cruise would be the hard part of the wiring. The ECM would just need a few wires moved and added to get the mass air working. The upper intake would need to be rotated 180 degrees and a new gasket installed there. Can't remember if the throttle body needs to have the lever swapped over or not on that one though. I think it does need to be swapped. preferably the lightning egr spacer and throttle body would be preferred, but those are spendy.
      Ahh ok. Would just the cam work in a marquis? Like the cam from the mustang and an ecu from another car?

Also does anyone know if the stock headers are any good on the mustang?

Comment

Stock mustang headers are better than our shitty exhaust manifolds, but not by much. If you want performance, just buy some cheap ebay headers for a fox mustang. Better than stock junk.

Comment

The 95 HO cam works fine.

The computer isn't impossible to make work, but you'd want one from a 5 speed car, and it requires a lot of harness re-pinning. For my 2 cents, I'd skip it. If you're doing a stock HO, get a Mark VII ECM and its plug and play. You also want the upper intake from a Mark VII or 87-93 Mustang. Its the one that looks like the stock intake. The 94-95 bendy thing is impractical to install.

For a better intake, 5.0 Explorer is as good as it gets for junkyard shopping.

Also, 94-95 Mustang has external EGR. You'd need to cap it off. No point honestly, headers that don't require that are easy enough to lay hands on. People will just about give you stock ones.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

If you want a H.O. swap, why not use a low mileage 96 Explorer GT40?
            The heads, intakes and TB's are better than Mustang H.O.'s

Comment

Working...
            X