40,000 mile 91 GM on Craigslist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

40,000 mile 91 GM on Craigslist

Wonder if the odometer stopped working years ago! LOL!

https://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/c...534792599.html
    89 Colony Park
    90 Colony Park
    70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

5 digit odometer.

Comment

Hrm yeah, I spot a dumb 4 way and a spare which wasn't put back correctly. Can anyone say "Blowout?" No driver's side pics. I'd wager that's 140k.
      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
      1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

I was thinking the plastic gears broke for the odometer and its been 40K for years. WagonMan
        89 Colony Park
        90 Colony Park
        70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Comment

5 digit odo, yes, but what WagonMan was really getting at is the infamous '90+ odo gears which have no doubt all failed ages ago. Wouldn't be surprised if both issues have come in to play though.

Broken ashtray cover latch and ratty sail panel on the C pillar on rear driver side. A couple of white caps missing from the trim on the bottom of rear windshield tells me it's spent some time outside. Not sure if the carpet is stained or if the way the vacuum made it lay is causing the light to look darker on the passenger front.

Overall, I don't think the price is unrealistic. It is pretty clean and makes anything I own look like... well you get the point.
          Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
          ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
          ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
          ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Vic, function over form buddy. Function over form.
            1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
            1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Both my '90s had busted odometers when i got them, as did every other car i looked at. One car i looked at over 2 years ago just popped back up on craigslist with a slightly different description. https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/...532796771.html
              It says new trans, which it might have been, but the TV cable was completely off. I drove it first and noticed it didn't downshift. Got back and saw the cable lying there, lol. I told the guy his "new" trans would probably be hashed in no time. Also, the car is way more hammered than the pics show, although it did have factory duals and i think K-code axle. Still not worth half what he's asking for it. Paid less for my current car.

Comment

Hey, I saw that wagon when I was searching CL in CA the other day. I also saw the '91 CV LX KHead posted, knowing that bit about the trans... that one would be a pass at that price.

Edit: Realized after posting, this wasn't the wagon thread, added link.
                Last edited by VicCrownVic; 03-19-2018, 10:32 AM.
                Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Originally posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
                  Both my '90s had busted odometers when i got them, as did every other car i looked at. One car i looked at over 2 years ago just popped back up on craigslist with a slightly different description. https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/...532796771.html
                  It says new trans, which it might have been, but the TV cable was completely off. I drove it first and noticed it didn't downshift. Got back and saw the cable lying there, lol. I told the guy his "new" trans would probably be hashed in no time. Also, the car is way more hammered than the pics show, although it did have factory duals and i think K-code axle. Still not worth half what he's asking for it. Paid less for my current car.
                  That 91 sure looks trashed. What wouldn't living in 29 palms (29 stumps). Hot, nasty place.

Comment

It's way shittier in person. The vinyl top looks like my dogs got to it, the dash is cracked, front seats are shredded, and it has a total ghetto stereo system in it. Speaker box made of junk from home depot by somebody with worse woodworking skills than me, lol.

There are some decent wagons around here actually. I saw that grey MGM hearse driving around last week too. If it was cheaper i'd consider buying it. No back seats is kind of a downer though.

Comment

Working...
                    X