No announcement yet.

1990 Colony Park needs header panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, I messaged Tiggie to let him know, but I *may* have found one locally, from a 1986 Grand Marquis. Fingers crossed!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk
    Back in the saddle again!

2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor in Unimaginative Bureaucratic Brown
    Bone stock... for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
      ‘‘Twas an 85 GM sedan with a nice header and stripless front bumper at the local pick n save last I was there. If no one comes through, I will see she holds next time I visit and check in with you.

Not sure about the 88-91 rubber fender trim through - what’s behind it if you peel it off?
      not to threadjack... :/ but how bout that stripless bumper? im in need of front and rear stripless for my 82. very hard to come by around my area it seems.
      Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
      Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
      Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

Originally posted by marquis_82_withneons View Post
        not to threadjack... :/ but how bout that stripless bumper? im in need of front and rear stripless for my 82. very hard to come by around my area it seems.
        Car is gone now. Got a 90 GM and an 86 TC but neither of those will help on the bumper.
        1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
        1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
        Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
        Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Well, I got what I needed. It's from a maroon 1986 MGM sedan, on my 1990 MGM Colony Park. The bumper and filler panels require adjustment, but they are on. Now it can be inspected! Sorry about night-time potato quality photos, but I've been at it since 3:00, and it's 9:00 now.

Back in the saddle again!

2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor in Unimaginative Bureaucratic Brown
          Bone stock... for now.

Comment

Looks 100 times better even with color mismatch! I love the pre 88 Merc header.
            1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
            1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
            Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
            Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Nice to see the ‘88-‘91 GMQ hood lines up with the ‘79-‘87 GMQ header panel. On top of that, it’s nice the later wagons cheat with where the wood grain stops so it doesn’t continue onto the header panel, making the swap easier.

The earlier noses look more appropriate on wagons since the rear ends never got updated.

My Cars:
              -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
              -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
              -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
              -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post
                Well, I got what I needed. It's from a maroon 1986 MGM sedan, on my 1990 MGM Colony Park. The bumper and filler panels require adjustment, but they are on. Now it can be inspected! Sorry about night-time potato quality photos, but I've been at it since 3:00, and it's 9:00 now.

looks so much better than the 88+ for the wagons. since they never changed the tail lights on the CS/CP the roundy fronts never looked quite right to me... the box front looks great! kudos for swapping the bumper too.
                Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
                Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
                Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

Working...
                X