Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Server too busy all day ?? Was it only me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My back and neck will not let me sleep much so I log on very early, I am guessing I get that error that I took a picture of during the backup.

I will just make sure to not post any long post around that time.
    2007 Ford Crown Victoria LX Sport

Comment

Originally posted by EaOutlaw1969 View Post
      I will just make sure to not post any long post around that time.
      When you get the error message, hit the "back" arrow button thing in your browser. This will bring you right back to the last page that was good, and everything you typed should still be where you typed it. However if you hit "refresh" or "try again" on the page that got hung up, the last page (where you typed in whatever you typed in) will be lost
      The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
      The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

when I make a long post, I tend to copy/paste it from a word processor program into the forum since I don't like to remain logged in for typing up novels.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I got in the habit with other forums to use copy and paste while posting on threads, especially if I was researching info to try and help someone. yet it is easy for what you think will be a short post to turn into a much longer post that ends up getting deleted by a time out situation.
          2007 Ford Crown Victoria LX Sport

Comment

Yep, always a good idea to copy your text before you try to post just in case something goes pear shaped or you've been flagged as idle or you've been logged out.
            Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

That's why I've taken to hitting the "stay logged in" button or copying my post just before sending. Been burned by that too many times..
              1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
              1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Thing is tho at least GMN is pretty good about keeping your post entries saved - I don't use cookies, so it's not uncommon to "idle out" while in the middle of a wall of text (Derek, I blame you!), and when I go to post it the server will present me with the login screen before proceeding, but then it usually proceeds with the post like nothing ever happened. In the off chance it does hang up, I can always hit the "back" button twice (1st time to bypass the login page) and I'm right where I started but with everything I typed up still in there and ready to post.
                The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
                The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

That has happened to me, with "Oh shit.." being my reaction yet hitting the back button a few times magically restores all the 1's & 0's back in the configuration they were before I was presented with the login screen. I still copy my text at times.
                  1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                  1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Working...
                  X