Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Server too busy all day ?? Was it only me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Server too busy all day ?? Was it only me?

All day until just now when I tried to log on to this forum I got a partial page loaded but in the middle where post or threads would be I had a message that said sever is too busy try again later.
    Did this only happen to me? If so what can I do to prevent or fix it,

BTW I tried with my iPad and Windows Laptop and got the same error message

Thanks for any help with this
    2007 Ford Crown Victoria LX Sport

Same with me during the afternoon.

Comment

Same here

-1994 Lincoln Town Car...always under construction

Comment

Shit happens, works now, roll with it. Btw if the server is busy, the device you use to access the site is irrelevant.
        The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
        The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

This site is on a shared server... sometimes host maintenance... sometimes another site on the server is hogging all resources... sometimes something breaks. If it's ever down for more than a day, check on the FB group. I'll probably have already called the current site owner to find out WTF and can answer questions.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

His Royal Ghostness

No need to be rude about it, I had no idea if the problem was with my network, harware or even a virus. Not everyone is a Internet expert.

I have problems logging on nearly everyday, most of the time I have to clear my history just to be able to log on. which is why I thought the problem may have been on my end .

Comment

That's just ghosty being ghosty really. I don't think he was intentionally trying to be rude.

I had the same issue. Was going through withdrawals. Ahhhhh, morphine restored...
              1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
              1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

+1 HRG was just stating the state of the union. We have dealt with this from the hosting site for years. I do know that IE has issues sometimes, but firefox and chrome seem to work most of the time. No clue about other browsers though.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Yep, ran into the same thing. Usually just check later.

Comment

That was me. I decided I didn't have time for anyone's shit today.

or it was someone else like they said. I ain't telling.
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by EaOutlaw1969 View Post
                      I have problems logging on nearly everyday, most of the time I have to clear my history just to be able to log on. which is why I thought the problem may have been on my end .
                      Now that problem seems to be on your end. The server is fairly stable, sure it has its issue on fairly regular basis but it's nowhere near as often as every day. Clearing your history usually means clearing the cache and cookies, so then when you log in the site sets a fresh cookie and you're good to go. So then something is corrupting your data locally, as I know for a fact some people on here do not clear their cookies for very long periods of time and still have no issues logging in. Just a heads-up...
                      The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
                      The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys, out of all the forums I have been on in the past this is the first time seeing a server too busy message which is why I posted my question.

Btw I attached a picture of the error I get a lot while on this site, it normally happens while typing up a post, I am not sure if just waiting fixes the issue of if it is clearing the history and reloading the site that fixes it.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by EaOutlaw1969; 03-24-2018, 05:10 AM.

Comment

Stop talking about cookies, i'm now eying the oreos...

Comment

Originally posted by EaOutlaw1969 View Post
                            Thanks for the info guys, out of all the forums I have been on in the past this is the first time seeing a server too busy message which is why I posted my question.

Btw I attached a picture of the error I get a lot while on this site, it normally happens while typing up a post, I am not sure if just waiting fixes the issue of if it is clearing the history and reloading the site that fixes it.
                            Yeah... there's like one time a day that the server seems to have stupid issues. Every time, our site isn't the problem either. I've checked our server loads at the time and it was minimal.

Comment

might be when the host is backing up the database or something. I have our backup scheduled at like 3 am, figuring it should be relatively lightly loaded at that point.

Database servers are kind of funny. It may not actually be so much that its busy as it has too many connections. There is a configured limit, which is intended to keep it from being over-worked. If someone has a site that is configured stupidly and the connections don't close out when its done fetching data, that kind of thing happens. When I used to do this stuff for a living forever ago, you'd see database server "crashes" where there were hundreds of open, idle connections. Nothing was busy, it just had a bunch of connections that never closed so it would screw everyone else up.

Imagine if a store never sent anyone out to the parking lot to fetch the carts. You go into the store, there are no carts available. None are being used, they're just sitting there not being useful. Same idea.
                              Last edited by gadget73; 03-24-2018, 05:39 PM.
                              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                              X