PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Server too busy all day ?? Was it only me?

That's why I've taken to hitting the "stay logged in" button or copying my post just before sending. Been burned by that too many times..
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

drink a beer, grow a beard, cut it, grind it, weld it back His Royal Ghostliness's Avatar

Thing is tho at least GMN is pretty good about keeping your post entries saved - I don't use cookies, so it's not uncommon to "idle out" while in the middle of a wall of text (Derek, I blame you!), and when I go to post it the server will present me with the login screen before proceeding, but then it usually proceeds with the post like nothing ever happened. In the off chance it does hang up, I can always hit the "back" button twice (1st time to bypass the login page) and I'm right where I started but with everything I typed up still in there and ready to post.
    The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
    The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

That has happened to me, with "Oh shit.." being my reaction yet hitting the back button a few times magically restores all the 1's & 0's back in the configuration they were before I was presented with the login screen. I still copy my text at times.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12