New Windshield Source?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Windshield Source?

Hello, Unfortunately a rock hit Large Marge's windshield yesterday and has resulted in a crack that seems to be ever expanding. Does anyone have a source for new windshield glass? I've replaced windshields before so I'm just looking for the glass, not an install service. Thanks

-Phil
    -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

I have a couple good used windshields, already removed from cars. $100 each. WagonMan
    89 Colony Park
    90 Colony Park
    70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Comment

At one point I think Rockauto had glass
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Hey Wagonman, I occasionally visit a friend up in CT, and I go right by Bridgewater. It may not be for a month or two though. I can shoot you a PM with my phone number.

Unfortunately Rockauto says they don't have any
        -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

Comment

Sounds good. I have a third, but its still in the car. WagonMan
          89 Colony Park
          90 Colony Park
          70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Comment

last time i got a new one installed on a box it was 160 installed.

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by Lincolnmania View Post
              last time i got a new one installed on a box it was 160 installed.
              ha! I got quoted $400 for a new windshield installed in the LTD
              -Phil

sigpic

Comment

keep making calls. i bet you called safelite lol.

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

+1 call some independent jobber that does windows. Probably get below $200.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                  Originally posted by gadget73
                  ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                  Originally posted by dmccaig
                  Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Those who had windshields replaced do installers need to pull any trim off inside the car? I need windshield replaced on the mox box as it's been cracked for a while now but I've been putting it off because I have modern dash in the car. Not sure how that would play out. That and I still have the butyl sealant, not modern silicone based stuff.

Comment

Interior trim does not have to come off. Only the stainless trim around the outside of windshield.

Comment

And if you have a mock top, they have to fuck the front seal on it taking the stainless trim off to replace the windshield.
                        Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

All-star glass quotes it at 179. Not sure how far they stretch but there's lots of 'em here.

Comment

Is that an online quote? I've found they are always wrong, and as soon as they hear in person what car it is they jack their price up massively. It can't hurt to call around though, I'll make some calls. I'll also take my own trim off, and the dash pad out if I have some other company do it
                            -Phil

sigpic

Comment

I don't recall who the installer was when I had the windshield replaced on the van. I don't drive it much, it was a good 6 mos or more before I drove it in the rain. That's when I saw the drvrs side wiper was not cleaning well. Rpl'd the wiper, didn't drive it in the rain for quite a while. Same spot still not cleaning. There is a low spot in the glass...

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Working...
                              X