No announcement yet.

Evolving Wagon Plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transmission is going to be rebuilt at Kellin Performance Transmissions about an hour away in Delaware. IIRC a 2000 stall speed converter is about $120 on top of the $750 rebuild cost. $75 p/u & $75 delivery. Half up front on the rebuild cost. It's a 2-3 week turnaround, and I need to figure out a new mid/h/x-pipe. It looks like these are my options in stainless for not-stupid money ($500+ for a lot of things out there).

Offroad H Pipe $146 https://alteredfox.com/products/h-pi...-steel-mustang

Offroad Bassani X Pipe, $369 https://lmr.com/item/BE-50932/86-93-...ff-Road-X-Pipe

Catted MagnaFlow X Pipe, $389 https://www.summitracing.com/parts/mpe-93332

Catted Pypes X Pipe, $450 https://www.summitracing.com/parts/pye-xfm30

Probably have to go with the offroad one for cost considerations, because I have no emissions inspection where I live I don't have to worry about it.
    Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

The h pipe from the old one?
      03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
      02 SL500 Silver Arrow
      08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
      12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

You’re getting the trans rebuilt by the same guy I was looking at - what rebuild kit are you going with? I assume the $750 is labor+the rebuild kit? Doing hardened input shaft/upgraded A servo/valve body or shift kit?
        -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

That's a deal on the transmission price.
          1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
          1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
          Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
          Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

If you're in DE for any amount of time, let me know and maybe we can catch up for lunch or something. I'm just across the bridge.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

what about the core aod? it's here at my place.
              jay the h pipe had gotten water in it and the ceramic turned to mush. no way to know if all the stuff is out. labor to cut cats open and gut and weld shut better spent towards a new h pipe.

i'm deep into boiler install. it got cold and i need heat in the garage. hopefully i can have the boiler running and 3 out of 5 zones going in the next week or so.

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
              2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
              1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
              1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
              2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
              1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

i know the bassani fits because i used them twice already.

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

Comment

The transmission guy is going to call Scott and line up picking up and dropping off the trans, so I won't be in town. It's supposed to handle up to 450hp whatever kit is going in.
                  Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Thanks for that link on the h-pipe. I had no idea made a stainless h-pipe for Mustangs that wasn’t catted.
                    —John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
                    1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
                    1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
                    1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Comment

So Scott, I still need both the accelerator cable and TV cable for an '88-91 Mustang?

I found these TV cables for $145 each
                      https://www.americanmuscle.com/pa-ao...able-8793.html

https://lmr.com/item/PAI-53500/87-93...Valve-Tv-Cable

and after a lot of searching I found this link to a $21 throttle cable for up to a '93 Mustang! Do you guys think I should jump on this black friday sale? There aren't any reviews though. https://www.cjponyparts.com/cj-class...r-24-/p/ACC45/

Comment

going to need the mustang cruise control cable too if we go with that route.

Comment

going for a Fox EGR spacer and looping the cables around instead of using the way too difficult to find parts? If you need a stock one bored out I can do that, but can't really go beyond 60mm / HO size.

Not sure the Mustang cruise cable is exactly right. Those are really long, the cruise servo lives down inside the fender on the drivers side and loops over to the passenger side throttle body. Not exactly sure whats an in between length though, maybe pickup truck parts?
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

he's got a cobra upper, egr spacer part of that upper intake. ivan made a custom bracket to make it work on john's car.

Comment

ah, the goofy intake.

Comment

Ordered the TV kickdown cable and the 24" accelerator cable (they had rubber jacket or stainless steel, so I went with the cheaper rubber one).

Comment

Working...
                                X