PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Evolving Wagon Plans

Fastest Box In South Jersey 86VickyLX's Avatar

97 had egr passages. The 98 was the maybe year.
    "Vicky" 1986 Ford LTD Crown Victoria LX ..................................."Blue" 1992 Mercury Grand Marquis LS

Vicky
    Too much stuff to list in my signature...
    Blue
    Gone! But Parts from it will live on in others!

Quote Originally Posted by 86VickyLX View Post
    97 had egr passages. The 98 was the maybe year.
    Thanks! Sent my dad after the part the other day, and he tossed it in the shed. I have to figure out prepping it for shipping, but haven't looked at it yet. I'll keep the EGR if it's there, for + cruising economy.

Called and talked to Dave about the 351, but probably going to pass, same potential big intake or fuel injection conversion costs etc, though the oil pan's already right for our cars.
    Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

I’ve shipped a lower intake to tmoss for port work before.

With anything I ship out I try to make it at least 20 foot drop test proof. Lol. Thick cardboard box with extra cardboard inside to protect it as well as lots of bubble wrap. Everything survived just fine. I got mine blasted and painted by him as well. It came out nice.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

I shipped one to him as well. I think I zip tied it to a scrap of wood to keep it from moving around too much in the box and reinforced the box with corner boards from work. they're basically cardboard angle iron, good stuff if you want to beef up a box.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Love me some cardboard angle irons for shipping stuff.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 88 MGM (SOLD), 93 Vic, 2000 Crown Vic, 2003 Expedition
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

The head mount bushings, 1/2" phenolic spacer, battery to switch cable and switch to starter cable, motor mounts, permadry valve cover gaskets and oil pan gasket should all be at Scott's by now.

I have a new cap & rotor, wires (but no plugs yet). Also have the 3g ALT, HD water pump, double roller timing gears and chain, as well as power steering pump/reservoir. I ordered the 2 belts and radiator hoses the other day.

Anyone have any suggestions for EGR, oil sender, thermostat, water pump and other gaskets? I don't know which head gaskets to order, because different thickness can change the compression ratio. Didn't know if there were certain brands to avoid or anything. There are a couple part number suggestions mentioned on the AFR 1402 head product pages for head gaskets to use.

I still need to get a MAF & injectors (there's this set on CL for $225 that would be about an hour drive https://cleveland.craigslist.org/pts...854210095.html ). Or there's a super pricey option of IDI1000 injectors for $800 obo https://akroncanton.craigslist.org/p...848720638.html
    Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

no "calibrated" MAF. You want a normal Ford one, the tune will take care of whatever size injectors you go with.

5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Quote Originally Posted by sly View Post
    Love me some cardboard angle irons for shipping stuff.
    It's probably going out tomorrow, ended up putting a second layer of cardboard in the box, wrapped in bubble wrap, then corner reinforcement at all 4 corners, also along the sides of the intake, and at the top diagonally in the box. Going to wrap it in gorilla tape so it all holds for sure.

I did find a set of 39lb Cobra 4.6 injectors offered on CL but I don't know if they use a different plug end and would need a set of adapters @ $100+. Does anybody happen have a helpful list of what vehicles came from ford with the red top (30lb) or bigger injectors so I can use those to search for new or replacement ones?

Okay, found this good guide on injector sizing, plug style, etc, and potential HP limits on each size of injector both naturally aspirated and forced induction. https://lmr.com/products/mustang-fue...tor-size-chart

yea i'm running out of room for parts lol.

did you buy a lightning egr spacer yet? i think david had a bored out one for sale.

i usually get the small stuff at autozone. never had any luck ordering belts or gaskets online.

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

I think 1989+ Thunderbirds with the 3.8 Supercharged ran a 30-lb injector. Not exactly common junkyard stuff though.
    1988 Crown Vic Wagon - daily
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, former lawn ornament
    Other: 95 Ranger, 74 F250, 68 Mustang, 94 Mustang
    Sold: 1982 LTD and 1987 Crown Vic

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

Scott, apparently the spacer and throttle body is a 65mm for an Explorer, and in researching the Cobra intake, apparently the EGR spacer part is integrated into the upper manifold. So I only need a throttle body.

There's 2 polished aluminum Summit Racing options, one on clearance for $120. https://www.summitracing.com/int/par...ng?prefilter=1 The other is $165 https://www.summitracing.com/int/par.../model/mustang

Or there's a BBK throttle body for $175-200, but I'd rather save some money if one of the cheaper options will work just fine. Any comments or suggestions on what to go with?

May have to spring for the Accufab, if I can find one for under $300, I dunno https://www.stangnet.com/mustang-for...-bodys.410277/
    Last edited by sxcpotatoes; 04-09-2019 at 02:07 PM.

Sexy John is running a Cobra intake, you can confirm with him but I believe no EGR spacer is correct.

absolutely, EGR thingymajobber is cast into the intake already and no need for any spacers, sorry I didn't link one of the threads where I found that out http://forums.mustangworks.com/f8/co...e-spacer-2859/

can the aftermarket throttle body be modified? that's the question. won't bolt on to a panther.

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

I found this old thread about a Summit 70mm TB with a removable bellcrank? so you can flip it? I don't know what part number the guy was looking at, I PM'ed him to see if he ended up using that TB. http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...+throttle+body

I post a lot...

Not sure if this is relevant to Scott's question but a markr VII cable means you do not need to reverse the linkage.
    "X" car 89 Colony Park LS Mods>Engine delete, SS duals magnaflow hflow cats, 2010 Must GT mufflers, auto air shocks, Posi, Tran cooler, big front brakes, 03+ rear disks, Large 3g alt, Tripminder, GS grill, 86 seats, 16" HPP wheels, winter boots=96 Cartier wheels, 215-65/16 Goodyear ULTRA GW3 snows, pi rear sway, alum driveshaft.
    03 Marauder DBP, HS, 6disk, Organizer, Silver Stars, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector.
    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated Cooper Zeon RS3-A, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17

Mark VII and Mustang stuff is effectively the same. Cables end up doing the reach-around, and of course they'd need to be swapped for longer ones in order to do that. I think John has some custom made throttle cable adapter to make his stock cables work. I don't know what he's using for a throttle body but I don't think its a stock Ford item.

I post a lot...

The 89 mark Vii doner car that supplied the engine for my old 89 supplied the cables which reached around without any extensions.
    "X" car 89 Colony Park LS Mods>Engine delete, SS duals magnaflow hflow cats, 2010 Must GT mufflers, auto air shocks, Posi, Tran cooler, big front brakes, 03+ rear disks, Large 3g alt, Tripminder, GS grill, 86 seats, 16" HPP wheels, winter boots=96 Cartier wheels, 215-65/16 Goodyear ULTRA GW3 snows, pi rear sway, alum driveshaft.
    03 Marauder DBP, HS, 6disk, Organizer, Silver Stars, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector.
    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated Cooper Zeon RS3-A, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast