Roxanne, the 1990 Colony Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roxanne, the 1990 Colony Park

Today is March 31st, 2018. Two or three Saturdays ago, I acquired my 1990 Colony Park wagon. I believe she is the GS trim level. After a few drives, I decided that her name should be Roxanne.
    Roxanne was free, more or less. I have to get rid of a tree stump and help move some dead cars for the previous owner, but no money exchanged hands. I brought her home with some body damage, and got to work trying to find a new front end. Pics will include how she looked on day one, and after swapping front end parts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk
    Back in the saddle again!

2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor in Unimaginative Bureaucratic Brown
    Bone stock... for now.

Next, I removed Roxanne's trim - she isn't going to need it for the remainder of her days. Roxanne is getting a dark and twisted makeover! Now, don't get upset. Purists among you may hate me, but she wasn't a pristine example. In fact, she likely would have been bound for a junk yard or a derby if I hadn't gotten involved. At least this way, she stays on the road, daily driven and appreciated for what she is. I'm gonna have fun with this one!

Bone stock... for now.

Comment

Last for tonight - some pics I've culled from teh intarwebs for inspiration!

Bone stock... for now.

Comment

The front end just looks so much better now that it has the proper boxy front
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
          The front end just looks so much better now that it has the proper boxy front
          Agreed. Since they never made a flush rear bumper & such for those wagon things, it's the best mod you can do to a later one.
          1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
          1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

I really only used the older front end out of necessity - it was the only one I could find in my price range. However, I agree that it matches the lines of the car much better. The redesigned front of the 88-91 really doesn't jive too well with that wrapping rear bumper. I like my grill as well.

Bone stock... for now.

Comment

Does look way better with the boxy-box front end. I really want a '90-'91 wagon but would have to do the nose-mod. Lookin' good buddy.

Comment

How's the interior?
                '79 Continental Town Car
                '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
                  How's the interior?
                  Desperately needs a thorough cleaning, and the drivers door pull is falling apart. Other than that and the lining being loose on the rearview mirrors, not too bad. I think two ash trays don't clip closed any more. Just a few little things.

Bone stock... for now.

Comment

Assume you're removing the woodgrain?

Tuning in for this...was thinking of deleting my woodgrain and grinding down the trim rivets.
                    '91 LTD Country Squire LX | '82 Cougar GS wagon |'03 Marauder | ' 18 Flex Limited EB
                    formerly: '02 MGM, '04 MGM, '04 MGM v2.0, '04 MM, '07 P71 w/5-speed, '03 SAP P71, '04 CVLX (now in pantera77's stable), '10 P7B

Comment

Originally posted by a_d_a_m View Post
                      Assume you're removing the woodgrain?

Tuning in for this...was thinking of deleting my woodgrain and grinding down the trim rivets.
                      Your assumption is correct, essentially. If the car had been in better shape, I wouldn't be tweaking it, but it's pretty rough. I'll take plenty of pics as I go.

Bone stock... for now.

Comment

Up here, cars are only rough if they're rusty & crusty.
                        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                        1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Did any of the trim survive the removal? I've been looking for the wheel arch trim.

Comment

Originally posted by Birdofprey View Post
                            Did any of the trim survive the removal? I've been looking for the wheel arch trim.
                            Not without getting bent. I'll take some pics though. If you want anything I'll send it to you, you pay shipping.

Bone stock... for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post
                              Not without getting bent. I'll take some pics though. If you want anything I'll send it to you, you pay shipping.

Comment

Working...
                              X