1980 Sound System Options Brochure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1980 Sound System Options Brochure

I bought this off ebay when I was looking at what 8-Track player options were available. Scanned it to share here.

1980 Ford Sound System Options Brochure.pdf

That CB radio handheld unit is rare and pretty cool. I have seen those mostly in Tbirds Lincolns, MGMs. Pretty expensive units. The antenna was a longer length. That would be a garage sale or swap meet find where someone might not know what it is worth.

Comment

Consider uploading it to Oldcarbrochures.com as well!
      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
      1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
        That CB radio handheld unit is rare and pretty cool. I have seen those mostly in Tbirds Lincolns, MGMs. Pretty expensive units. The antenna was a longer length. That would be a garage sale or swap meet find where someone might not know what it is worth.
        They are cool, I would love to have the factory CB. But yeah unless a person found one in the JY or a swap meet where they didn't know the value it wouldn't be worth trying to get.

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
        Consider uploading it to Oldcarbrochures.com as well!
        Just did! I also sent it to: http://www.lov2xlr8.no/ford.html

Comment

I like to find the garage door opener... not that it’s something that unique but just another one of those things that people gasp over on such dated cars as our boxes. I love autolamp for that purpose.
          1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
          1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
          Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
          Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Originally posted by Birdofprey View Post
            They are cool, I would love to have the factory CB. But yeah unless a person found one in the JY or a swap meet where they didn't know the value it wouldn't be worth trying to get.

Just did! I also sent it to: http://www.lov2xlr8.no/ford.html
            Awesomesauce. Reminds me when a buddy tipped me off to an '89 Town Car in a yard with the factory CD player. Ultra rare. Of course I nabbed it and still have it. Aside from the Signature Series standards, that was the only option the car had.

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
            I like to find the garage door opener... not that it’s something that unique but just another one of those things that people gasp over on such dated cars as our boxes. I love autolamp for that purpose.
            Vent windows, they flip out about that and the keyless entry

Comment

Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

I love the "neon" font on that.

I'll have to scan the 84 Continental brochure at some point. It has an optional 8 track that is different than any of the ones in the '80 manual.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

8-track was still an option in '84? I'd like to see that.

Comment

For the CV (and GM from what I can find) '83 was the last mention of it.

'83

'84

Comment

That "Tot-Guard", though...
                      —John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
                      1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
                      1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
                      1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Comment

Haha yeah, those make me laugh. Precursor to child seats I guess. I love these brochures. Crown Vic vs Caprice, I don't know why anyone would buy a Caprice. They were inferior in every way.

Comment

Its actually not in the sales rag, I went through it. Its in the owner's manual. I've never seen one in person.Click image for larger version

Name:	8 track option.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	1283273
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I just noticed the 'T' traveler information stations on the AM only radio. Thats kinda interesting, doubt that lasted very long. I'll have to look at my current AM/FM only radio and see if it has that.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                              Its actually not in the sales rag, I went through it. Its in the owner's manual. I've never seen one in person.[ATTACH=CONFIG]49681[/ATTACH]
                              Pretty sure that unit is 84 only.
                              2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                              2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                              Past Panthers
                              1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                              if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Working...
                              X