No announcement yet.

Detriot area junking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone happen to liberate a fuel gauge sending unit for an analog-dash 88-89 Town Car while stalking the junk yards?
    If so, I'll gladly take it off your hands with fair compensation.
    Summer car-> 1988 Lincoln Town Car, triple blue, 335,xxx km. New HO 5.0 in and running. Bought 2006/08/22. June 2017 PotM!
    Winter vehicle-> 1995 Ford F-250 XLT SuperCab 4x4, 284,xxx+km. AKA "Brutus" 460/E4OD/4.10 axles and 12 MPG. Bought 2019/08/14

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by nfldfordltd View Post
      Anyone happen to liberate a fuel gauge sending unit for an analog-dash 88-89 Town Car while stalking the junk yards?
      If so, I'll gladly take it off your hands with fair compensation.
      I pulled that part for you, but found it did not work (breaks/jumps in resistance as you move it from full to empty and vice-versa).

If you happen to want it, given that it is known not to behave properly, you'd be welcome to it. My plan is to try my hand at refurbishing it somehow when I feel bored enough to get back to that project.

Current driver: Ranger
      Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
      | 88 TC | 91 GM
      Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
      Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
      | Junkyards

Comment

Well if we find one that works, I've got dibs on it for my Town Car and you can have my old one
        Vic and I were playing with one earlier that he said he'd fabricobble together at some point. The sending unit isn't really a high priority though, all depends on what we target though, like if Vic and Kishy are gung-ho on pulling them, then I'll match their enthusiasm. I've never actually pulled one though...
        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
        1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Working...
        X