Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for Door/courtesy light lenses and battery clamp

Looking to buy two completely random pieces:

1. A set (2) interior courtesy light lenses for the "deluxe" front door armrests. They area available through a couple online places, but $70 US seems pretty steep to me. Prefer if all four tabs are intact. Picture of similar lenses are attached:

2. A battery hold down clamp (including threaded rod) for an 86 Crown Vic (lost mine, no idea where it is)

Would require shipping to Dartmouth Nova Scotia (Canada).

Thanks

sigpic

What group size battery are you using? Makes a difference in the hold down clamp. WagonMan
    89 Colony Park
    90 Colony Park
    70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Comment

I think i have some lenses in the garage i think one tab is broken have to check

Comment

86 uses an odd size battery. Group 56 I think? Not sure if later ones used that, but I know the big battery that is a standard swap for many cars doesn't physically fit into an '86 because of the battery tray.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
          86 uses an odd size battery. Group 56 I think? Not sure if later ones used that, but I know the big battery that is a standard swap for many cars doesn't physically fit into an '86 because of the battery tray.
          I run a group 64 in the ‘87. A Group 62 was the OE size, though. The only difference was the length, width wise they’re the same, so it still fits properly. I used a generic hold down from the auto parts store that works well enough.

My Cars:
          -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
          -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
          -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
          -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

I didn’t realize there was a difference in battery groups. For now I am using a random battery I’ve had in the garage for a few years that seems to hold a charge. A proper battery is on the “to get list”, so I’ll be using the OE size (group 64 I guess).
            sigpic

Comment

If you get the narrow, standard battery, I have nos Ford hold downs only. PM me for measurements and photos if interested.

Comment

Working...
              X