X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Craigslist: 91 Colony Park w/ HO conversion in LA

not mine:
    https://losangeles.craigslist.org/ws...551207831.html

1991 Mercury Colony Park LS Wagon (Grand Marquis)
    Fuel Injected 5.0 Litre H.O.Mustang Motor installed, tuned and smogged/registered.
    2nd Owner
    Full Power Package (Steering, Brakes, Seats, Mirrors, Rear Defrost, Rear Power Window).
    42,000 Miles on 1993 Ford Mustang 5.0 Litre Motor (Smog Legal and Registered).
    144,000 on car with 3 inches of receipts and documentation from 1991.
    Dual Flowmaster Exhaust with custom chrome tips and stainless pipes.
    Sony CD Player with factory premium sound package.
    Cold A/C and new Rubber Floor Mats
    Dual Folding face to face rear seats in cargo area.
    This car led its life in Torrance, CA to a family that owned it since new. The car spent its time hauling kids to AYSO soccer games, PTA outings and family vacations. Owned by a Ford Mustang collector and enthusiast it was decided that when a spare late model Fuel Injected Ford Mustang 5.0 Litre H.O motor became available it was dropped in, tuned, tested and installed into the wagon. The wagon has had the motor in it for a little over 7 years, it is smog legal and turn heads everywhere it goes. Reliable, fun and roomy it is cruises at 90 Mph and gets up and goes from a complete stop with admirable ability. With an installed trailer hitch and full electrical trailer brake system it tows 5,000 lbs. of anything and is ready to go.
    New project on the horizon forces sale and this is an excellent addition to the household as a do-everything-utility vehicle for the household with some style, the coolest surf-wagon or something promotional for your company with graphics on the side.
    Comes with all receipts, warranties, smog, registration and extra set of keys. All keys matching. Needs nothing. Turn Key for fun and reliable daily driver.
    Asking $6,000 or reasonable offer. It is a fun wagon and it is super reliable, not many around so take note now that in stock condition they go for the same, here is a hopped up version for you to enjoy.
    Serious only please. I DO NOT NEED HELP SELLING IT! Cash in Person, please do not waste my time with your checks, full address and lame question, You will be blocked and number reported to Craigslist and blocked on CL. Simple as that.
    Thanks for reading.

88 Country Squire
    86 Colony Park, non-op'd
    89 Mark VII LSC, non-op'd

When did wagons skyrocket in value? A few years ago that would have been a 3k wagon at best.
    2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
    2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
    2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
    1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

I think it’s still a 3K wagon... OR Barrett Jackson 2035 will be filled with mint OBS trucks and Colony Parks for six figures. That would be good since my kids will need some college cash by then.

Needs an 86 HO plaque on the intake though.
      1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
      1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
      Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
      Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Really nice wagon. Surprised he hasn't been hammered by the police on those driver and passenger side illegal tinted windows. Big no no . That wagon should have no problem selling at that price in the Redondo Beach area. Plenty of people with money. Notice the Lincoln Mark behind it in one of the pictures. Also very nice.

Comment

Seen that pop up. Very nice car indeed. Does seems like someone started a "wagons are gold" band wagon. But then again, still worth it if you are looking for a turn key car. Body work especially adds up quick on these things.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
          1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
          1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
          2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
          2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
            When did wagons skyrocket in value? A few years ago that would have been a 3k wagon at best.
            My guess is when millennials came of age, especially hipster millennials. Seems the box panthers have shot up in value since 2015. Shame since there was a time when these turds could be had for cheap but now everyone has the idea that old = value. The fluff these cheese dicks put in their ads too. Even garbage from '73 and up is going on in value. It's strange to me because most don't seem to have interest in cars. New and expensive ones sure, but that's as far as the appeal goes from what I've seen around here. Another funny thing to me is people are still trying to get decent money for turd smog era 350's and 454's and three speed transmissions & such. "4 bolt main." Two letters for ya buddy, "LS".

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
            Seen that pop up. Very nice car indeed. Does seems like someone started a "wagons are gold" band wagon. But then again, still worth it if you are looking for a turn key car. Body work especially adds up quick on these things.
            It adds up quickly on anything. A clean but non running car is worth $2,000 to me depending on if I want it bad enough, even over it's crusty $500 counterpart. Both are going to need the same mechanical attention yet one will fold in half long before the other.
            1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
            1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Saw that wagon the other day. Pretty clean but the price-point just doesn't hash. Gotta wonder how halfassed they did everything too. Found my car's almost-exact double and if the price was lower i'd buy it.
              https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lg...548194133.html

Comment

All you seem to find are white LTD's haha.

Comment

I honestly think wagons and other smog era stuff and early EFI era will do well for the next ten-15 years as Generation X begins to get more disposable income. Kind of like 55-57 T-Birds 20-30 years ago and original era muscle cars have for the last 15 years. Baby Birds are way cheaper than they used to be. Muscle era cars have peaked IMHO as long as they are a common variety and not HEMI/BOSS/Big Block/SS/Shelby stuff.

Yeah boys we're sitting on the next gold mine. Wagons are good but never a blue chip investment. Buy the heck out of any clean stock V8 Fox Mustang, but you're a bit late to make out really well. Plan ahead and pick up Whale LX Sports and LSEs, and stone stock low mile late SN95 Era special editions - Mach, Bullitt, Cobra. 03-04 Machs are the best deal out there now. 25K miles for less than 10 grand is SOO much better than any car lot. I wish I could get my wife to understand.
                  1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                  1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                  Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                  Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

I think it's too late for the fox Mustangs, they're already at stupid money despite the fact Ford made what, millions of them? This is going to seem blasphemous around here but I was never much a fan of those things beyond the four eyed variety. They never looked sporty to me, more like an alternate form of a Tempo, even with the GT body cladding. Could never get into the hatch back ones either. Not to mention they only had 4 lugs, that's always seemed like weaksauce to me for a "muscle car" haha. I know it can be changed and is probably a moot point but to me, that kind of thing matters. That's why I always liked the idea of a notch back with a four banger and a five speed. Nice two door econobox transportation. While that would've been possible 10-15 years ago, it just wasn't feasible for me then. For the price of one of those you can get a car that out performs them stock - a C4 Corvette or even a 1992 Formula Firebird or Camaro Z28 with a 350 or the 305 five speed with the dual cat option. In my opinion they even look better GASP!

Everyone shits all over C4's despite the stats, it's downright silly. Close to 1g on the skid pad if you got one with the Z51 option and in 1996 they could be had with 330 HP courtesy of the LT4, 6 speed only. That's nothing to laugh at. A fox Mustang was at best what, 235 HP? and 0.86g? 14.3 in the 1/4 But that's a 1993 Cobra R and they only made what, 100 of them? Hell, a 1993 LT1 powered Camaro Z28 was faster, not to mention more street friendly as they had more available grunt down low... (I'll just leave this here.. http://www.motortrend.com/news/1993-...ra-comparison/ ) Anyway, Chevrolet practically shit all over the US with LT1 or LT4 powered Corvettes. In '96 a C4 LT4 powered 'Vette was able to spurt to 60 in 4.9 seconds and drop the 1/4 in 13.3 while pushing something like 0.91g's on the skidpad.. I'm a layman, I only care about the performance and fun factor, not the price tag or GM vs Ford vs MoPar fanboy crap (Why not love 'em all? Your Ford doesn't know it's a Ford any more than your GM..) so it's unfortunate that a guy like me will not be able to personally experience or drive & then sell one of those or practically any. Cars are a bad investment, most take over 30 years to mature and their return on investment isn't great, not to mention all the risk that comes from caring for & owning one. It seems only the fancy-pants cars pay off or the ones where nobody thought they'd be worth $$$, you know the ones, bought & sold for six figures + like fine art & conversation pieces.

Comment

Working...
                    X