Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a 20amp fuse in location 32 on a 2000 mercury grand marquis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a 20amp fuse in location 32 on a 2000 mercury grand marquis?

I am on a wild goose chase curtesy of Mitchell on demand diy.

I have been trying to step back and recheck the basics for my ABS issue Mitchell shows to check 3 fuses

First one is supposed to be a 10 amp fuse in number 14 spot under the dash
    My car seems to have a metal circuit breaker perhaps a 10amp I did not look that close but I did confirm power to it and checked with a meter that it is not stuck open.

Next fuse they show is the 20amp that is supposed to live in spot 32 at what they call the central junction panel ( I am guessing they are talking about the under dash fuse panel )

Third is the main fuse ( Maxi type for the ABS ) in the panel near the battery fuse 15 they show it is supposed to be a 40 amp my owners manual and the car has it as a 50 amp

The fuse panel near the column only goes up to 18 so where the hell is this fuse 32 coming from

I looked in the owners manual and under the dash and under the hood the only other fuses that I know of are fusible links near the battery. So what gives is Mitchell ON demand diy complete crap or should I consider never working on a car again if I can’t find a damn fuse.

I have found many discrepancies and incorrect information on Mitchell I know I need a factory Ford manual and I will buy one however I am hoping some one here can clue me in about Mitchell on Demand sending me on a wild goose chase or not.

Btw according to my owners manual fuse 15 under the dash is a 10 amp for the abs and yes it is good and has power.

Number 15 under the hood is also for the abs it is a 50 amp with power both sides of fuse

And all the other fuses in the car have power on both sides with the correct amperage rating fuse in each spot according to the owners manual
    Last edited by EaOutlaw1969; 04-11-2018, 04:41 PM.
    2007 Ford Crown Victoria LX Sport

I don't see a location 32.
    the cjb fuse loc is #15 (not 14) & it is 10A
    The BJB maxi fuse is 50A
    03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
    12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Originally posted by jaywish View Post
      I don't see a location 32.
      the cjb fuse loc is #15 (not 14) & it is 10A
      The BJB maxi fuse is 50A
      Thanks

This is what has me so pissed off because it means I cannot trust any of their manual since so much even connector locations and grounding points have been totally wrong.

How can I test a pin point test with data that may or may not cause me to chase my tail.

Comment

I emailed Mitchell customer support and showed them how many errors I found on their site, they sent me what seems like every single page Alldata has to offer for the Abs syetm yet with no working links so it makes the data they sent basically worthless because it would take months to sift through this garbage to find the information I need.

What A joke Mitchell is.

Comment

this is what I have on the fuse boxes
          Attached Files
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I have the 2000-2003 EVTM/service/etc manual on DVD. I can print to PDF any testing procedure you need. Not sure if it'll help since it requires special adapters and testers, but here's the ABS testing procedure...
            Attached Files

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            Originally posted by gadget73
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Thanks I looked through the ( I am guessing Alldata ) information I was sent by Mitchell and the information you guys were nice enough to post all of it confirms only three fuses two small fuses in spots 1 and 15 both are good and one maxi fuse in spot 15 and it is good, all the fuses in my car have power on both sides of the fuse.

For sure Mitchell ondemands website base is corrupted with garbage data apperentley a blind drunk money uploaded for them.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
                I have the 2000-2003 EVTM/service/etc manual on DVD. I can print to PDF any testing procedure you need. Not sure if it'll help since it requires special adapters and testers, but here's the ABS testing procedure...
                Thanks sly I looked through the information it seems the same as What I have but your download seems easier to look through than what mitchell sent me.

I will say while reading this information I am now disapointed in my car, my wheel speed sensors are limitied to 255 MPH so much for breaking the 300 MPH record with my MGM LOL.

I am not sure what Ford was thinking MY MGM would peel apart like a banana at 130 MPH if it got to that . LMAO

Comment

255 is a typical digital limit for computers. That's probably the limiting factor more so than the sensor.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
                    255 is a typical digital limit for computers. That's probably the limiting factor more so than the sensor.
                    It was just something I noticed and found funny.

Comment

Originally posted by EaOutlaw1969 View Post
                      It was just something I noticed and found funny.
                      True. Little less arbitrary than the 160mph limit of my digital speedometer from Autometer. Really? You couldn't go more than 160? Then it dawned on me... if you convert that to KPH... 257... then it makes sense.

Comment

You kinda think that by today we'd be past that 255 limit with computers. This is reminding me of Y2K haha...
                        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                        1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Consider the processing power we're talking about here. Also, realistically, why would you need for a production car to be capable of display beyond that point?

Hell, I just wish I could get past the 85 hard limit on my own digital speedo. Its not possible for it to show more than 199 though.
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I know there's a hack for most of the 80s ford digitals to switch from 85 to 140. They seemed to like to re-use those control ICs.

Comment

That's what Ghosty was saying about our Mark VII, that there's some resistor I could remove and it'll start reading beyond '85. I couldn't find it after referencing the Thunderbird(?) article he mentioned.
                              1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                              1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Working...
                              X