No announcement yet.

Hello from Poland :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4.6L engine - 281 cubic inch. 5 quart oil capacity.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Oki, I got it Sir

Can I put 6x9 speakers at front dors ? Will they fit without modifications ?
      '09 Grand Marquis LS - Light Ice Blue / Medium Light Stone, J-mod, dual exhaust with Magnaflow 11224, PI intake, Marty's tune

Comment

I've heard you can, but it requires a shallow speaker because the spacer on the door needs to be removed and holes drilled for the 6x9. A 6x8 bolts in. Those are readily available around here, no clue about your side of the pond.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

I understand. Probably I will use some 6x8 - it's not very popular here, but I find something quite good. I will also change rear speakers and use damping mats. Next questions:

- intervals between transmission oil change ?
          - intervals between diff oil change ?
          - cabin filter - I know that it was never used in Panther, but maybe it's possible to make it DYI ? Maybe someone made research in this case ?

I'm very thankfull for all Yours help!! To tell the truth You are my only chance to learn something about this car, in my country probably there aren't more than 5 MGM's and all are older than mine.
          '09 Grand Marquis LS - Light Ice Blue / Medium Light Stone, J-mod, dual exhaust with Magnaflow 11224, PI intake, Marty's tune

Comment

I found Pony R Parts cabin filter kit so it's outdated question But I have another one - data to set wheel alignment. Do we have something in this case ?

Comment

If I remember correctly, generally you want as much caster as you can get (generally around 4 degrees with each side as close as possible to each other), no camber, and no toe.

Comment

Next part of boring questions:

- air suspension - I understand that air parts replaced normal coil springs, so probably it's self leveling system. Question: is it also prevents tilting during corners and acceleration..? I suppose not, but always good to ask profesionalists

- buttons on steereing wheel - are they backlit ? Is it possible to upgrade steering wheel with buttons from optional wood steering wheel (radio an AC steering buttons) ? I mean wiring, etc.

- fuel filter - I can't find on www.fordpartsshop.com fuel filter in 2009 car: It wasn't equipped ?

Thank You

Comment

Air suspension: does not prevent tilts. That's what the sway bar is for. It will make the car look like it's not loaded down when it is... which is nice.

Fuel filter should be available from aftermarket sources like Fram, Wix, STP. It was equipped, as all cars should be and is located in front of the driver rear wheel, inside of the frame rail. It does use "quick disconnects" that require a special tool to remove (usually available at most auto parts stores).

No clue about the steering wheel buttons, though I would think that any option that was available, could be added with enough wiring.

Comment

Rear swaybar was on equipment in 2009 LS..? I read that it was only in cars with handling package...
                    CC buttons - are they backlit? Visible at night ? Bulbs ?
                    If I checked correct buttons from wood steering wheel have different socket, so probably I can't upgrade my steering wheel easly.

Comment

I thought the sway bar was standard with a thicker one on the handling packages. I could be mistaken though.

Comment

Probably You have right about rear sway bar:

https://www.fordpartsshop.com/v-2009...and-components

Comment

Radio - my car standard CD player without casette. Are those coded ? If yes, is this possible to decode it ? Probably I will not receive any manual, unless it was in car when it has accident.

Comment

Not coded. No worries.

Comment

Thank You sly for good news

I start to prepare list of things to do/to check after purchase. Maybe You can add something to it ?

- engine: oil, filters, sparks, EGR and throttle cleaning
                              - transmissoin: oil, filter
                              - diff: oil
                              - computer diagnostic
                              - wheel alignment
                              - O-rings in EATC

Valves has hydraulic or manual adjust ? I mean valve clearance
                              Last edited by Atropos; 05-13-2018, 05:58 AM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	39572613_311977206271993_1128838510581645312_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	1284523Click image for larger version

Name:	39161490_301362757333438_19709291388731392_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	1284524

Exactly two weeks ago I picked up my GM I'm very happy about this car, it drives very well. I need to replace front stabilizer bar bushings, discs, pads and shoes - all parts are avaiable in Poland, next week will be replace.

Comment

Working...
                                X