Hello from Poland :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Poland :)

Hi Girls and Guys In next few days I will be buy and import MGM LS 2008 -> to Poland and I have few questions:

- wiring for heating seats are in all cars, or just in cars with heat seat? In other words - If I will buy car without seats heating is it possible to add this feature and what I need for it ?
    - wheels dimmension - I understand that there were two options - 16" and 17 ", but I don't understand that in both options tires have this same profile - 60. If it's true, whole wheel have bigger diameter with 17 rims - is it true ?
    - regulation of steering wheel - 1 or 2 directions ? up and down only or deep and shallow too ?

Sorry for my low language and I hope that professional in MGM case can help me with my questions
    '09 Grand Marquis LS - Light Ice Blue / Medium Light Stone, J-mod, dual exhaust with Magnaflow 11224, PI intake, Marty's tune

hello and welcome

I don't know the newer models so I can't answer your questions.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Hi I have seen many cars with wiring for additional options where you just need the hard parts to add the feature yet I also do not know for sure for the heatedly seat option.
      2007 Ford Crown Victoria LX Sport

Comment

Something like this kit may be less expensive then buying seats with heaters in them.

http://www.idmsvcs.com/2vmod/heatedseats/index.html

Comment

The wiring is there for the seats... it's the controls. I can't remember whether the controls are on the doors in the later models or back on the seats, but that's the trick. The seat gets power and if door panel controls... those are wired in too. All the needed wires are there... just needs the seats to be equipped and the controls to be complete.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Thank You Guys

Next two questions:

- is there avaible online parts program for Mercury ? I mean something like this for chrysler: http://www.catcar.info/chrysler/?lang=en You put VIN and You see all scheme, parts, parts numbers, etc. ?
            - fog lamps - if car don't have it is there possibility to add them ?
            '09 Grand Marquis LS - Light Ice Blue / Medium Light Stone, J-mod, dual exhaust with Magnaflow 11224, PI intake, Marty's tune

Comment

We have many factory and aftermarket parts sources for our cars , the trick is to find a way to get them shipped to you.

Aftermarket places examples, Amazon, Partgeek, Rockauto, Napa, Pepboys, ETC

OEM parts would be https://www.fordpartsshop.com/?gclid...iAAEgKuafD_BwE

You could also get OEM parts from any dealer willing to ship you parts.

As far as fog lights I have not come across any made for the 2008 yet I am sure you could add some sort off aftermarket kit to your car.

Comment

Thank You for link - very helpfull

Fog lights - I understand that parts from GM 06-07 should fit ?
                Steering wheel - is there possibility to adjust it ?

Comment

Steering wheel: how do you want to adjust it? It should have tilt.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                  Originally posted by gadget73
                  ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                  Originally posted by dmccaig
                  Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Tilt - You mean up and down move ? I understand that move deeper and shallower is not possible and for comfort of driver in this case was option for moving pedals - am I right ?

Comment

Power pedals were an option. There will be a switch on the right hand side of the dash to move them. Unfortunately they use a plastic gear and tend to strip out.

As far as steering wheel adjustment, you only get the tilt function for up and down movement. Telescoping steering wheels were never offered; you won’t be able to set it closer or farther from where you sit.

My Cars:
                      -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
                      -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
                      -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
                      -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

Welcome! Which state are you buying the car from?
                        '79 Continental Town Car
                        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Welcome! My great-great-great-great grandfather emigrated from Kamień Pomorski. Today it's part of northwestern Poland in Pomerania. Back then it was a part of Prussia.
                          —John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
                          1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
                          1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
                          1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Comment

I think very serious about this car:

https://www.iaai.com/Vehicle?itemID=...oadRecent=True

It's from Pennsylvania. Kamień Pomorski is very graet, I know this city

Can anyone help me to chceck equipment of this car on the base of VIN number? I would like to know if there is power passenger seats and power pedals..? I will be very thankfull for help

VIN: 2MEHM75V49X603275

Comment

Man, I wouldn't buy anything from Pennsylvania and that's a "blah" color combo too. They use salt which would mean you'd most likely be getting a rusty car. Try and import one from Florida, Arizona, Georgia, Washington, California, New Mexico, Colorado, Utah, Mississippi, Alabama or South Carolina. You'll be better off in the long run. I'd also spend more dough to get a complete car. It is my opinion that you'd end up spending way more trying to piece one together from shipped parts, not to mention then painting it to match.
                              1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                              1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Working...
                              X