No announcement yet.

Hello from Poland :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To buy car with little damage is the only one way to buy this car - I f I will import complete car, additional cost of duty and excise will kill me - law in my country it's not very favorable to owners cars with engine bigger than 2.0 l. To buy and imprt parts it's not problem, to repair a car also
    '09 Grand Marquis LS - Light Ice Blue / Medium Light Stone, J-mod, dual exhaust with Magnaflow 11224, PI intake, Marty's tune

Comment

Here are some other most likley no rust cars in Florida to consider I may have to wreck one of them for you LOL.

As far as rust you will need to make sure to check a CarFax on the ones your serious about to prvent buying a car that came from a state that uses road salt.

A car that came from a state that uses road salt then ends up in Florida with our rain and humidity will surley rot away quick.

https://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/cto...546087586.html

https://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/cto...558503687.html

This one is clean and low mileage but has a rebuilt title https://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/cto...552671424.html

Here is a website that has many wrecked Mercury's to drool over

https://www.copart.com/vehicleFinder...Zip%22:null%7D
      Last edited by EaOutlaw1969; 04-26-2018, 05:59 AM.
      2007 Ford Crown Victoria LX Sport

Comment

Thank You for Your opinion I live in country where salt is on the road 5 moths per year, I'm sure that Pennsylvania state is far better than Poland in this case

Copart I know, since 2 months I checked it daily. Next two hours I will know results of auction.
        '09 Grand Marquis LS - Light Ice Blue / Medium Light Stone, J-mod, dual exhaust with Magnaflow 11224, PI intake, Marty's tune

Comment

Problem is Atropos that the hassle and expense to import will be the same so you might as well get a cleaner car, it'll last longer and fight you less when working on it. Also, you plan on driving it in the salt once you get it over there???
          1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
          1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

So technically I became an owner of MGM today Thank You for all kind help. For sure I will ask a lot of question in technical parts of forum.

Topic about import and costs are closed - now I will need Your help in differnet cases I'm very happy that Guys from adtr.net also help me a lot, togheter with car ,there will flow few performance parts.

Comment

ooo... ADTR parts going on this build. Looking forward to seeing this.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
              Originally posted by gadget73
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
              Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I have two stage plan:

1. Now i will buy front and rear bars (including endlinks + mounting kit) and KYB shocks
                2. next two years - breaks, intake, exhaust, Metco suspensios stuff, Steeda pullies, stronger water pump, aluminium driveshaft, J-mod, tunner + program from MO’S SPEED SHOP

I'm very exciting now but I've made good reserch about parts, maintenance problems, service, etc., so I hope that everything will be ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Atropos View Post
                  Topic about import and costs are closed
                  Like hell they are, lol - cost is your own personal business, but curious minds wanna know which company you're using to transport the car across the ocean. Also is it traveling in its own 20ft container, or will it share a 40ft with several others? Just being nosy is all

And which car did you end up getting after all?
                  The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
                  The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

In my country I can find minimum 5 big companies which are specialized in import cars from USA / Canada. One year ago I import new wheels for my Stepfather Cadillac SRX II and now I cooperate with this same company in case of Marquis. They orgaznize everything from A to Z.

Few questions:

- where can I buy all weather floor mats dedicated to MGM 2006 -> ?
                    - I can't find any info about cover under engine - our cars was equiped in it ? If not, maybe someone produce aftermarket one ?
                    - OEM CD player - do we know anything about power of this stuff ?
                    - OEM amplifier and woofer - where exactly was mount in car ? Is it possible that I have it in my car ?

Comment

amp and subwoofer would be in the trunk next to the spare. Typically not there unless it was optioned.

The stock CD player is your typical ~15W RMS per channel if I remember correctly.

As for engine cover... There's the plastic one on top. If you mean a skid plate under the car, those typically need to be made. They make one for the rear of the car that was used on police cars and may have one for the front between the bumper and front cross member, but I don't think anyone ever made a belly pan (between the axles) section. Wouldn't be too hard to fabricate one though.

Floor mats: https://www.accmats.com/floor-mats/
                      These are also sold by Rock Auto as well. I think you need to order directly from ACC to get logos though.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Originally posted by Atropos View Post
                        In my country I can find minimum 5 big companies which are specialized in import cars from USA / Canada. One year ago I import new wheels for my Stepfather Cadillac SRX II and now I cooperate with this same company in case of Marquis. They orgaznize everything from A to Z.
                        Ah, OK, you're doing it the easy way with an importer who's local to you - sure, that works! lol

As for floor mats, check to see if WeatherTech makes something if not exactly for your MGM then at least for a 2006 Ford Crown Victoria police car. I've used their products in several GM vehicles and I've been nothing but pleased with quality and fit and durability. Not going to be cheap tho...

Originally posted by sly View Post
                        As for engine cover... There's the plastic one on top. If you mean a skid plate under the car, those typically need to be made. They make one for the rear of the car that was used on police cars and may have one for the front between the bumper and front cross member, but I don't think anyone ever made a belly pan (between the axles) section. Wouldn't be too hard to fabricate one though.
                        Don't do a belly pan, engine will likely not like it - all that air coming in thru the radiator, it exits the engine bay behind the front axle around the back of the engine. The minimal MPG gains are not worth the risk IMHO.
                        The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.

Comment

Thank You Guys for answers !

About cover under engine - I mean something which can protect engine bay from dust, water and everything what comes out from under the wheels. Something like this: https://is.alicdn.com/img/pb/615/894...894615_416.jpg It is usually make with plastic.

Next important questions:

- intervals between oil change ?
                          - type of oil - I mean viscosity, etc.
                          - amount of oil ?
                          - oil in rear diff ?
                          - amount of gas in air condition system?

Comment

06 should be 5w20 (5w30 works fine)
                            5000 miles synthetic blend or full synthetic or 6 months
                            3000 miles conventional or 3 months
                            5 quarts

I do not know about rear diff or refrigerant. I use 134a until the gauge is steady at about 35-40 psi on the low side and ~270 psi on the high side on a 90F day. I think that's generally 2 cans worth here which would be 24 ounces (680 grams).

Radiator coolant should be about 2 gallons.

Comment

Should be 2qts oil in the rear axle, use syntetic oil, 75W90 or 80W90 viscosity will serve you well.

Amount and type of refrigerant in the A/C system in semi-modern vehicles is typically listed on a label stuck onto the evap core box or the dryer. Older vehicles have that information again on a label but it lived on the radiator support or the engine cooling fan's shroud. Either way, look for that sticker, it will have you what you need to know.

Comment

Tkank You so much ! I only wonder about amount of engine oil - only 5 quarts ? It is just 4,7 liters...?

Comment

Working...
                                X