PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Texas Panther junk yard meet (late-May/early-June)

Get it before it’s gonna

I'm planning to head back to Dallas South on July 5th to grab the traction lock out of that '95 GT and possibly a Contour/Cougar dual fan to squirrel away for the eventual electric fan upgrade. Does anyone remember if this white '89 GM still had a salvageable trunk lid? I was thinking about that as a possibility for replacing my dented one that's missing the emblems and rusting at the rear seam.
    óJohn

1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019)
    1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
    1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Quote Originally Posted by Giraffe View Post
    I'm planning to head back to Dallas South on July 5th to grab the traction lock out of that '95 GT and possibly a Contour/Cougar dual fan to squirrel away for the eventual electric fan upgrade. Does anyone remember if this white '89 GM still had a salvageable trunk lid? I was thinking about that as a possibility for replacing my dented one that's missing the emblems and rusting at the rear seam.
    I think it did. Guess what i found a wagon. what yall think should i get the wagon swaybar or leAve my big ass sway bar instead. Also does anyone know what is p43 is that a police vehicle
    Last edited by Elias; 06-20-2018 at 05:39 PM.

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

P72 is the usual fleet code, but police cars were just fleet models with the police package. Otherwise its basically a taxi since it doesn't have the HD stuff.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Quote Originally Posted by gadget73 View Post
    P72 is the usual fleet code, but police cars were just fleet models with the police package. Otherwise its basically a taxi since it doesn't have the HD stuff.
    2fabp43f7ex111901 This is the vin for one on them what does it mean. I never seen one like it probably go look at it Sunday

The P43 is code for 4-door Ford Crown Vic, circa 1983-86 IIRC, could be civi or fleet.

The 8th digit is an engine code, F being the 302. The 351 would be a G. Pre-86, the police cars mandated the 351, so the 84/85 you listed are not police. Might be fleet, but no guarantee.

The p71/2/3/4/6/7/8/9 didn’t come along until 87.

My 82 was a p35 or something like that. The 88 is a p76, and the 90 is a p78.
    1988 Crown Vic Wagon - daily
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, former lawn ornament
    Other: 95 Ranger, 74 F250, 68 Mustang, 94 Mustang
    Sold: 1982 LTD and 1987 Crown Vic

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234