Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Texas Panther junk yard meet (late-May/early-June)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get it before it’s gonna

Comment

I'm planning to head back to Dallas South on July 5th to grab the traction lock out of that '95 GT and possibly a Contour/Cougar dual fan to squirrel away for the eventual electric fan upgrade. Does anyone remember if this white '89 GM still had a salvageable trunk lid? I was thinking about that as a possibility for replacing my dented one that's missing the emblems and rusting at the rear seam.
      —John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
      1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
      1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
      1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Comment

Originally posted by Giraffe View Post
        I'm planning to head back to Dallas South on July 5th to grab the traction lock out of that '95 GT and possibly a Contour/Cougar dual fan to squirrel away for the eventual electric fan upgrade. Does anyone remember if this white '89 GM still had a salvageable trunk lid? I was thinking about that as a possibility for replacing my dented one that's missing the emblems and rusting at the rear seam.
        I think it did. Guess what i found a wagon. what yall think should i get the wagon swaybar or leAve my big ass sway bar instead. Also does anyone know what is p43 is that a police vehicle
        Last edited by Elias; 06-20-2018, 04:39 PM.

Comment

P72 is the usual fleet code, but police cars were just fleet models with the police package. Otherwise its basically a taxi since it doesn't have the HD stuff.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
            P72 is the usual fleet code, but police cars were just fleet models with the police package. Otherwise its basically a taxi since it doesn't have the HD stuff.
            2fabp43f7ex111901 This is the vin for one on them what does it mean. I never seen one like it probably go look at it Sunday

Comment

The P43 is code for 4-door Ford Crown Vic, circa 1983-86 IIRC, could be civi or fleet.

The 8th digit is an engine code, F being the 302. The 351 would be a G. Pre-86, the police cars mandated the 351, so the 84/85 you listed are not police. Might be fleet, but no guarantee.

The p71/2/3/4/6/7/8/9 didn’t come along until 87.

My 82 was a p35 or something like that. The 88 is a p76, and the 90 is a p78.
              1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
              1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
              Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
              Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Working...
              X