Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Texas Panther junk yard meet (late-May/early-June)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well thats an argument in their favor. Either way, both are better than an E7 in as-cast form. Junkyards charge the same for any V8 heads, and they all cost pretty much the same to rebuild so you may as well start with the best if its gonna be the same money.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

non-p heads aren't too shabby either. Still well better than E7s and easier to mess with exhaust/plugs wise.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
        If any of you fine folk wouldn't mind keeping an eye out for 80s RWD Continentals, I'd muchly appreciate it. Their inventory doesn't show anything so I have my doubts.
        Is this the kind of car you're looking for? This is at the old car yard in Sunset, TX.

https://www.facebook.com/Browneautos...type=3&theater
        —John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
        1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
        1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
        1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Comment

Could someone snatch a fuel gauge sending unit for me? I need the one that's separate from the fuel pump (in the front of the tank, easy to remove). My Lincoln is analog gauge, so Ford/Mercury units should work for me. My gauge doesn't work until the tank is near empty.
          I will pay for trouble and shipping, no question.
          Summer car-> 1988 Lincoln Town Car, triple blue, 335,xxx km. New HO 5.0 in and running. Bought 2006/08/22. June 2017 PotM!
          Winter vehicle-> 1995 Ford F-250 XLT SuperCab 4x4, 284,xxx+km. AKA "Brutus" 460/E4OD/4.10 axles and 12 MPG. Bought 2019/08/14

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by Giraffe View Post
            Is this the kind of car you're looking for? This is at the old car yard in Sunset, TX.

Yes, that is the mid 80s baby Conti he's looking for.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Don't the ceramic or chrome BBK 1515s work with the GT40P spark plug angle? IIRC
              Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

From what I’ve read, you’d have to use a 90 degree boot on several plugs. Even then there is no guarantee you won’t burn one every now and then.
                —John

1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)

Comment

yep, thats an 82-83 Continental. Same as mine but the header panel is different. Headlight bezels are also unfortunately different but pretty much everything else is the same. There is a CH of difference in the tail lights, they physically interchange but mine are ribbed for her pleasure and the early ones are smooth.
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

Comment

well crud. Is there anything that can be pulled from this one for you?

Comment

looks like enough stuff is different that maybe not. That drip rail thing is the same if someone wants to pull it. Shipping is the problem. Same with bumpers. Side mirrors are a different part number but it may be that I can make them work, or not. I have a possible lead on a local one that I plan to check out this weekend, so its possible I might be able to cover some of my annoying as F to ship items.

Comment

These things are about as rare as hen's teeth any more. Good luck with the one near you.

Comment

They were fairly uncommon 10 years ago, the situation has gotten worse as you might expect.

Comment

Update: Would June 9 work for anyone? I forgot that my brother bought a house recently in OKC and he and his wife are having a housewarming party on the 2nd of June which I am obliged/delighted to attend.

How about it? Does June 9 still work for anyone?
                            —John

Comment

The 9 is on a Saturday I should be able to make it I usually go in at 3pm to work. Would have to be early morning. Im also off on Sunday

Comment

Sunday would work as well for me if anyone is free that day. Both days are good for me!
                                —John

Comment

Working...
                                X