Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally found the one...

Hey Y'all,

I finally found the car I wanted, a 2002 MGM, one owner, maintenance records, no accidents, and only 47k miles. Still the normal tics from a 16 year old car, but overall very nice. As a n00b I'll share a few of my "quirks" with you so you can either get a sense of who I am, or just ignore me, your choice. This is the newest car that I have ever bought for my own use (wife's cars don't count). I tend to prefer older pickups, sports cars, and bikes, but since the aging process hurts just a bit, I figured it was time for comfort. The funny/sad thing is that I'm pretty much a crappy mechanic, so keeping everything running can be a chore. I'll try to couple shots if I can figure out how. Glad this site exists, I'm going to need it.
    "Cum catapulatae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt"

2002 MGM LS Premium

sigpic

We're here to help! Great year and great car!
    Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Welcome!

2002 is a newer model than anything I've ever owned. Although there are plenty of other members here who know a fair amount about the "newer" stuff.
      Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
      ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
      ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
      ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

I have EVTM/service manual for 2000-2003, so I can probably help with most things.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Welcome and good luck with your car.
          2007 Ford Crown Victoria LX Sport

Comment

Thanks all. Picture of the way I bought it, and then two days later.

Click image for larger version

Name:	MGM2.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	1283475Click image for larger version

Name:	MGM1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	139.3 KB
ID:	1283476
            Last edited by Moses; 05-05-2018, 06:37 AM. Reason: Add Pics

2002 MGM LS Premium

sigpic

Comment

Hey I am up in marietta too. Mostly into box panthers, but they are the same underneath.Just scored a set of blue radiator hoses off a old cop car for a 4.6 if you want them.

If you need something or help let me know.
              Last edited by dd345; 05-05-2018, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Thanks, good to know.

2002 MGM LS Premium

sigpic

Comment

Don't feel ashamed to admit being a crappy Mechanic just find a good reliable mechanic for your maintance and repairs because age makes fixing your car a real pain so welcome to the site and I hope you find everyone helpful and frendly.

Comment

On the bright side, you bought an '02 panther, so unless it has a shitload of miles on it or was abused, they really don't need much aside from regular maintenance. I had a '98 p71 and drove the piss out of it for years with scarcely any problems. Anything you run across, somebody here will know about it. Welcome to the forums and comfy car club.

Comment

It's in really nice shape, Snowbirds from Michigan drove it to West Palm in the winter, very clean, had 47k when I got it. Now it has either a broken spring or shock, as the front right is very low. Figures, I usually break my toys when I play with them.

2002 MGM LS Premium

sigpic

Comment

Welcome! Lots of knowledgeable people here for sure. The car looks nice too!

-1994 Lincoln Town Car...always under construction

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Looking good.
                          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Welcome! GS or LS trim?
                            '79 Continental Town Car
                            '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                            '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Thanks, I'm very happy to have found y'all. It's an LS.

2002 MGM LS Premium

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X