WTB: Tudor rear side windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB: Tudor rear side windows

Looking for the 2 small side windows for a tudor. Someone took what looks like a belt sander to mine so they have some deep scratches.

It's DIY backseat privacy glass! (sorry I'm not being helpful, couldn't pass up the joke)
    Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

prob could make some out of Plexiglas. if you like tinted though tint wont stick to plastic so i have been told by a tint shop in town.
      Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Surely someone got a tudor for parts.

Comment

Next time I get to the local yard, I think they had a 2 door GM. I'll check. How hard/easy are they to get out?

Tim
          2000 Ford Crown Victoria
          84 Lincoln Town car signature, R.I.P
          85 Ford LTD Crown Victoria 2 door performance project
          89 Lincoln town car: RIP
          89 Crown Victoria LX 2002 USACi sound quality world champion RIP
          1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
          1994 Mercury Grand Marquis (sold)
          2004 Mercury Marauder. owned for a week then got screwed by the dealer

Comment

You would have to remove the interior panels surrounding the rear side window.

Next would be unbolting the tabs that hold the glass in place. Butyl tape I believe is the goop holding them in after the tabs are removed. Id leave a couple fasteners in loosely and push from the outside in.
            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Still looking. If anyone sees a set on Ebay please let me know.

Comment

I just checked Car-part.com I looked up quarter glass. 79-87. You have to look up each side separately. Many MGM and CV 2 drs. Both sides could be at the same yard, same car.
                Last edited by Mainemantom; 08-01-2018, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Worth noting, you may want those to come from the same car. I've seen a few variations of the pattern/stripes/whatever that the factory puts on (in?) the glass from year to year and Ford vs Mercury, and some cars seem to have more or less "green" tinted glass than others, the reason for which I really don't know.

No 2-doors anywhere near me at the moment but it's on my list to watch for should one pop up.

Current driver: Ranger
                  Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
                  | 88 TC | 91 GM
                  Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
                  Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
                  | Junkyards

Comment

I got a pair of mark 6 triangle glass from the back sides, but don't think they'd fit [emoji846]

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
                    '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
                    '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

Bump. Still looking.

Comment

I just looked on Car-Part. com. tonight. There are allot of wrecking yards that have those. I know you are in Canada, it may be worth it to call several of those yards.

Comment

Still looking. Called a few yards and most have damage or won't ship to Canada.

Comment

Find a good Glazer who will cut and install the glass in your car. Better than trying to get some from a junkyard due to the possability of breakage when removeing from car, good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodentkiller View Post
                              Find a good Glazer who will cut and install the glass in your car. Better than trying to get some from a junkyard due to the possability of breakage when removeing from car, good luck.
                              Can they replicate the curve? The glass is not flat.

Comment

Working...
                              X