blower resistor location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

blower resistor location

My AC blower only works on high. I suspect it's the resistor. Where is it located?

Originally posted by pollock View Post
    My AC blower only works on high. I suspect it's the resistor. Where is it located?
    The blower motor resistor (or controller, in the case of EATC) is mounted in the side of the evaporator housing kind of directly above the passenger side oxygen sensor, accessed from the passenger side of the engine bay from above. It's a bit of a pain to access and it's also possible you'll find the connector contacts corroded together.

Current driver: wagon
    Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
    | 88 TC | 91 GM
    Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
    Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
    | Junkyards

Comment

Not sure what year your car is, but mine is a 94. They should all be in the same general location.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180508_161000.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	162.2 KB
ID:	1283490

-1994 Lincoln Town Car...always under construction

Comment

Yup... that looks like the EATC version. The manual control version has 5 wires going straight into the plenum (or so it looks... it's going into the resistor pack).

Attached, you can see the burnt one from the Mad Marquis (88 MGM) when I had to replace that one and the connector.
        Attached Files

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

If you do not have ETAC, find a post I made many years ago. Parts books have the wrong parts listed for the 87-91 box manual hvac. Part numbers are in there. Its also on cvn, in that homogonized sticky in the box forum if you can't find it here.

Alex.

Comment

Working...
          X