Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Classic car salvage yard forced sell out

https://www.hemmings.com/blog/2018/0...ng/?refer=news
    03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
    12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

thanks for sharing, i wish I had a bunch of money and lots of land with indoor storage to save some of these cars.
    2007 Ford Crown Victoria LX Sport

Comment

Maybe every car guy and gal nationwide could chip in a buck and help this dude put up with the regulations, or sue the heck out of the city/town. I hate urban sprawl and it’s friend eminent domain. Dude lives in BFE his whole life and suddenly a developer with deep pockets comes on and ruins his life.
      1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
      1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
      Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
      Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

That's the way of the word, Tigg man...
        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
        1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Sad situation..

-1994 Lincoln Town Car...always under construction

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
            Maybe every car guy and gal nationwide could chip in a buck and help this dude put up with the regulations, or sue the heck out of the city/town. I hate urban sprawl and it’s friend eminent domain. Dude lives in BFE his whole life and suddenly a developer with deep pockets comes on and ruins his life.
            Couldn't agree more. I live in the land of urban encroachment. There's scarcely an inch of land here they aren't building homes on these days, and we already had too many people here 10 years ago. Sick of seeing pieces of Americana destroyed in the name of "development". A good part of our country has lost it's identity and it drives me crazy.

Comment

I sent a link to the article to the guy who runs that salvage yard out in Sunset. Maybe he can get his hands on a few cars before they get crushed.
              —John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
              1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
              1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
              1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Comment

I am old can't remember who on here has the studebaker. Want them to see this.
                03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

toploader
                  ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                  My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                  My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                  But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                  my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I am in Utah right now for a few days. If I had more time, I would check this place out. I can understand the pressure the poor car guy is under. Town wants the tax dollars. Neighbors don't want to see "junk cars". Developers are building houses everywhere as fast as they can. I have not seen this type of building in years. So many big businesses are moving here from out of state. For $250k I might be able to buy a condo with a carport in a fair part of town. One acre of dirt in the area I WAS looking at is pulling $325k ! Average home on 1/8th acre is pulling $290-450k depending upon location. I went to one place today. Asked where the real estate office was. The guy looked at me like I was from Mars. "What real estate agent ? We only "invite" people to live here. " Well excuse me, I am glad I am not of your ilk (class or kind). This is an interesting trip.
                    On a side note, I am renting a Ford Fusion hybrid. 48-52 mpg. Interstate/in town driving. It will be interesting to see what it does on the long trip tomorrow.

Comment

I wonder if he has any coupes...

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
                      '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
                      '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

Working...
                      X