trans shifter cable, lincoln continental shifter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trans shifter cable, lincoln continental shifter

whilst walking around a junkyard yesterday I came across a 1999 lincoln continental. it had bucket seats with a full center console. I am trying to figure out if i can make this shifter work with my aod. im doing my research, the transmission in the lincoln is a ax4n. Click image for larger version

Name:	$_1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	1304484Click image for larger version

Name:	-x260.jpg
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	1304485

here is the console and shifter.

here is the aod trans and cable
    Click image for larger version

Name:	AOD Shifter Cable & Bracket.jpg
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	1304486Click image for larger version

Name:	trans.jpg
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	1304487

here is the ax4n trans and cable
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0897.JPG
Size:	277.8 KB
ID:	1304488Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l500.jpg
Size:	7.9 KB
ID:	1304489

it looks to me like it should work. any feedback would be greatly appriciated

Probably if the full throw of the cable is the same with the floor shifter as it is with the column shifter, it should work fine. Getting the cable routed and which one will actually work for ya will be interesting. Though if you can source a Marauder or LX sport shift cable, that would probably work best.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Thanks for the info, didnt think of that.

Comment

That cable is probably on the long side. Mark VII shifter cable may also be an option. Most floor shift AOD's have a different shifter lever on them vs the column shift too, so you may have to change that out for it to work properly. They're basically upside-down compared to one another.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
        X