MGM Sale after 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MGM Sale after 2007

I read somewhere that after 2007 MGM was saled only for fleets - is it right? Car which I bought and which since tommorow is flowing to Europe is from 2009. I have Carfax report and it looks that it was owned my private person...
    '09 Grand Marquis LS - Light Ice Blue / Medium Light Stone, J-mod, dual exhaust with Magnaflow 11224, PI intake, Marty's tune

2010 they stopped production of the MGM but extended the run for fleets till 2011 due to a parts shortage
    2008 they stopped retail sale of the Ford Cown Victoria

Why they stopped making the Vic or the MGM is beyond
    2007 Ford Crown Victoria LX Sport

Comment

2008 they shut down Mercury, but continued the Ford in fleet sales. There shouldn't be any MGM later than 2008 model year if I remember right.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ode1=MERCGRAND

Seems to be some confusion with information online

Comment

Originally posted by EaOutlaw1969 View Post
          2010 they stopped production of the MGM but extended the run for fleets till 2011 due to a parts shortage
          2008 they stopped retail sale of the Ford Cown Victoria

Why they stopped making the Vic or the MGM is beyond
          This answer is correct.

Comment

Interesting. I had never heard of post 2008 MGMs. I knew about the lack of civilian cars with fleet only, but didn't know that included MGMs.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            Originally posted by gadget73
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

So is it possible that private person could buy an MGM in 2008 - 2009 ?
              '09 Grand Marquis LS - Light Ice Blue / Medium Light Stone, J-mod, dual exhaust with Magnaflow 11224, PI intake, Marty's tune

Comment

Retail Mercury sales went right to the end in 2010, with the very last models being produced as 2011 models.

Retail Ford sales stopped in 2007/8 and went to fleet only, either rental, livery, or police use.

My Cars:
                -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
                -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
                -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
                -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

Ok, so I had wrong information.

Comment

I am willing to bet they dropped the LS from the line up at some point during this transistion.

I noticed when looking for parts for the 2011 Ford does not list a LS or GS

Comment

IIRC the last panther was a CV which went to the Middle east complete with signatures from all the line workers on inside panels.
                      03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                      02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                      08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                      12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Working...
                      X