Atc plug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atc plug

looking for the electrical plug that connects to the thermal control switch under the hood on one of the heater hose lines that is used with automatic temp control also need a few inches of wires connected to it to splice it to my existing wires that were cut and spliced together to bypass the switch when it was removed from the system. Found the switch from my old blue 2 door that i had been looking for for a couple years
    Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Parks geek has many of those type of connectors it may be worth a look.
    2007 Ford Crown Victoria LX Sport

Comment

about the only way this plug is going to be found is in a junk yard

Comment

https://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-PT194.../dp/B000IYZYJU
        Any chance this is the one?
        1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
        1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
        Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
        Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

No not it. this plug has only 2 wires. what it plugs into shuts the blower motor off until temp of the coolant reaches about 120* in the heater hose from the water pump to the heater core. it also has 2 vacuum lines connected have one of the vacuum connectors.

Comment

Thermal blower lockout. NA. Just bypass it. Tie the wires together. If you really want to have the function, use something like an NTE-DTC120 and mount that to a hose coupler (preferably metal for better heat transfer) that hopefully has a flat spot to add some thermal grease between the flat spot and the NTE part and drive a relay to switch the wires on. It's a 30A fused circuit, so you'll need a relay big enough to handle that. The vacuum lines can be plugged. The function of that is to keep recirc door closed until at switch temp and keep the blower off. Most folks just bypass the stuff when it finally breaks since there's no replacement except used.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            Originally posted by gadget73
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
              Thermal blower lockout. NA. Just bypass it. Tie the wires together. If you really want to have the function, use something like an NTE-DTC120 and mount that to a hose coupler (preferably metal for better heat transfer) that hopefully has a flat spot to add some thermal grease between the flat spot and the NTE part and drive a relay to switch the wires on. It's a 30A fused circuit, so you'll need a relay big enough to handle that. The vacuum lines can be plugged. The function of that is to keep recirc door closed until at switch temp and keep the blower off. Most folks just bypass the stuff when it finally breaks since there's no replacement except used.
              Bypassing and removing the switch was done before i purchased the wagon. I have the switch (almost no use), the vacuum plug (needs spliced) just need the electrical plug.

Comment

oh... you're putting it back. Yeah... Good luck. That plug gets brittle and doesn't like to be messed with, so finding one intact may be difficult. Doesn't seem they have that wire harness aftermarket any more. It's almost the same as the power window motor connector except the clip is on the long side instead of the short side.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                Originally posted by gadget73
                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                Originally posted by dmccaig
                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                X