2004 CV headlight mount repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2004 CV headlight mount repair

When I bought the car, the driver's side headlight was sitting too far back in the header panel. Previous owner must have hit something hard enough to push the mounting/adjusting studs through the header panel, but not hard enough to break the headlight. 2 of the 3 mounting holes were damaged. I had new mounting/adjusting studs on hand, so I just had to figure out how to fix the mounting holes.

Had some extra steel gutters laying around, so I cut out a couple of sections, drilled holes, and mounted to the rear of the header panel. It actually worked. Metal was thin enough to keep the headlight in the right position, and strong enough to hold it solid. In the pics, the gutter steel is white on the backside.
    Attached Files

Very nice work. I probably would not have thought of that.
    03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
    12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Nice inexpensive Plus one that i would have had thought of this fix or even tried it. Thanks for sharing
      2007 Ford Crown Victoria LX Sport

Comment

Good deal. Rare that you can just patch stuff together when that happens, half the time it seems like the parts are too mutilated to do anything with.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
        X