Torque Specs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Torque Specs

Just got all of the parts to do the Big Brakes. Would like to know what torque specs to use. Also how loose should the arms be.

I did my big brake swap like a month ago this the torque spec i used

Comment

Thanx, I'm used to doing the arms on RC cars where they should be as loose as possible. Didn't know about the real thing.

Comment

If you are using rubber control arm bushings, torque the control arms with the car at normal height. Initially just thread the nuts on there enough to retain the bolts. If you torque it with the suspension hanging it will lock the bushings in the wrong spot, which will make it ride high but will also destroy the bushings prematurely. Not an issue with poly bushings because of how they are made.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

So let the car down to have it on it's on weight and then torque?

Comment

Originally posted by perke View Post
            So let the car down to have it on it's on weight and then torque?
            I installed everything and then dropped the car to normal ride height and then torqued it down

Comment

Yes. You can put ramps under the wheels and sit the car down on that so you can actually get under there to torque it. I'm not skinny enough to do that kind of thing with the car on the ground and I don't have a drive-on lift to make it easy.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I jack it up and put the jack stands under the lower control arms being careful to avoid the grease fitting on the lower ball joint.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                Originally posted by gadget73
                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                Originally posted by dmccaig
                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                X