No announcement yet.

Fuel injector stuck open?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay so i ordered the injector at oreillys. Hefty 70$ but i have to bite the bullet since in 4 days i went from full tank to less than a quarter of tank. Now can i just unbolt one or two bolts on the rail to get #8 to come out or do i have to take off the upper intake? Id prefer not to take off the intake since i can see the injector and i think i can get it to come off without taking off the intake

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Comment

Take off the upper intake and properly unbolt/disconnect the fuel rail. I got lazy and tried getting an injector out without removing the intake and didn’t fully remove the fuel rail; wound using bending the hell out of the fuel rail and paid the idiot tax. Had to grab a replacement from the junkyard.
      Last edited by Kodachrome Wolf; 06-05-2018, 06:53 PM.

My Cars:
      -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
      -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
      -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
      -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

Dang its gonna be along day tomorow then. Thanks for the advice

Comment

driver side, you might be able to manage just #8 without taking the upper intake off, but if you wanna do anything on the passenger side, it's rather required to take the upper off.

I would do this... get the upper plenum gasket and fuel injector o-rings just in case. Take the air tube off for clearance to move. Remove both fuel rail retainers on the driver side. Gently pry it off the injectors and see if I could finagle that bad one out and replace it. If not, take the upper plenum off by removing the vacuum lines from the rear tree (careful not to bend it) and flip it over to the driver fender. You may need to remove the evap hose off the front end of it as well (I added a vacuum line coupler just behind the distributor so I could do this stuff easier in the future - but sold the car before ever needing to). Then you should be clear to do anything to the injectors.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

$70 for one?! FFS you can get a full set of 8 rebuilt flow matched ones for 80 shipped on ebay. hp27fx has sets listed.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Ill def try that and take my time doing it. Id just prefer not taking off the intake since i just finished fixing the mess of vacuum lines in the back since they broke last time and left me with no ac

Comment

My girl wants it fixed tomorow that's why i bit the bullet and just bought it. You try telling your pregnant wife its gonna take a few more days to get there x)

Comment

Found thwse on amazon. Think they fit? Free one day delivery lol

Comment

19#, will not work with the stock ECM.

Pretty certain you're not getting the injectors out without pulling the upper intake. You might get the rail bolts out on the driver's side but I don't think it will lift enough to actually do any good.
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

One thought crossed my mind and that is you may have a savere vacumme leak and you can dignose it by using a scan tool. I had a vacume leak after I had a new engine installed in my CV after some time my CV was a badly running and I had a lean run condishion, replace the intake manafold gasket now my CV runs like a champ.

Comment

Working...
                      X