No announcement yet.

Fuel injector stuck open?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ill run a pressure test when i bring her home today. And the car is not stock. Has a baby cam, headers, full custom exhaust. 4.10 gears. Heads have been reworked and mildly ported.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Comment

What ECM though? Thats what determines the injector. Stock ECM wants 14, stock HO brain wants 19, if you have re-tuned the ECM then it'll be whatever you tuned the ECM to want. If its not stock it probably ought to be running something other than the stock ECM, and probably a tuned one at that.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

It has the stock one atm. Planning on getting a megasquirt in thr near future

Comment

Are you running stock firing order? Does anyone make a cam for that? HO cams are for 351 firing order.

Comment

Def stock firing order. Checked it hundreds of times. Cam, i have no idea. Builder asked if i wanted to put a slightly bigger cam since i was going to get better springs and i had pistons with valve reliefs on there. I just said yes and let him figure it out.

Comment

probably a truck cam, but really it doesn't matter. As long as you know what the firing order is, the ECM can be programmed for that. Just as long as you're running a stocker, buy 14# to keep it happy.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Gotcha. Im just going to buy 1 14# from oreillys and be done with it for the time being. Going to pick a gt40 upper and lower tomorow for 60$

Comment

definitely ask the builder what cam he put in. If it's any cam other than a roller conversion pre 94 truck cam or stock panther cam, it'll have the 351 firing order. If that's the case, #19 injectors and a D9S computer would make that a plug and play HO.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                  Originally posted by gadget73
                  ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                  Originally posted by dmccaig
                  Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Thats def a long shot. Its been about 3 or 4 years since the build. Ill try to see if he has the same number or try to get ahold of him

Comment

oh... if it's been running normally since... you might try the 351 order just to make sure that's not the issue.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Will do, thanks. Right now its running a bit shaky mostly on reverse. But runs perfect of highway and normal road driving. Its until i let go of the gas when i hear popping coming from the exhaust

Comment

yeah... if the firing order was wrong, it wouldn't even do that. So that's probably not it and it just running pig rich sounds very possible. Have you also verified that the air filter isn't clogged?

Comment

Yupp. Replaced the filter twice since ive got her back and does the same thing. About to replace it a 3rd time after i fix the injector issue

Comment

If the air filter doesn't look dirty, it probably isn't. But yeah... if an injector is just pissing, it'll run like crap at idle and get better the more you press the skinny pedal.

Comment

Ywahh at idle and low rpm its sluggish. But if im going at 1500-2k rpms and i punch it, it takes off with no problem

Comment

Working...
                                X