amplifier localisation 2008 ->

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

amplifier localisation 2008 ->

I bought aftermarket speakers and I'm looking for amplifier - where is usually place for it ? trunk ?
    '09 Grand Marquis LS - Light Ice Blue / Medium Light Stone, J-mod, dual exhaust with Magnaflow 11224, PI intake, Marty's tune

If equipped with "premium sound", the amplifier would be in the trunk. If stock sound, it's just the head unit. Typical upgrades are a 23W RMS per channel (50W peak) head unit and decent speakers. It may only have an amplifier if equipped with a subwoofer and that would be on the subwoofer. The rest of the speakers are driven off the head unit. I don't remember when the separate amplifier for the speakers ended. Someone else who knows should be able to correct me if I'm wrong.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

A 2008 doesn't have that arrangement where the only thing in the dash is controls, and the actual tuner working bits are in the box in the trunk does it?
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Good question... That may be the case. I wonder what years did that. I think it's wasn't many.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
        X