Small rear sway bar on 2010 cvpi?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small rear sway bar on 2010 cvpi?

Did they use a small rear sway bar on these because of cost issues or would a larger rear bar make it oversteer? If it would help performance I'm grabbing a nice fat rear bar.
    Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

How small are you talking about? The CVPI rear bar was not the largest, that belonged to the HPP from what I've seen.
    Getting a pair of larger bars(ADTR) is the normal upgrade.

LOUD EXHAUST IS FUN! AM I SHOUTING?
    1989 Country Squire - Twilight Blue, 347 stroker

2005 Crown Victoria Sport - Black - Stainless Works full exhaust with Borla Pro XS mufflers, BBK 75mm TB, Accufab plenum, CVPI airbox, Heinous control arms, etc...

Comment

the balance front to back is important. If you get a larger bar in the back, grab the front bar off the same car
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Yeah, I down want to throw the balance off, but the rear bar seems puny compared to the front.
        Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

You should see my 03 Expedition. The front bar is about 2 inches or so... the rear bar is about half an inch.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

size of rear bar is dictated by spring rate. LX cars with softer spring rate got a 17mm rear bar. Police cars with higher spring rate got a 18mm rear bar. HPP and cars with RAS got a 21mm rear bar due to the higher spring rate the air springs can generate.
            2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
            89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
            88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

Working...
            X