Gt40 intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gt40 intake

Any thoughts on a non egr gt40 intake before i go out and buy it?

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

In reference to what? A lopo? A mustang HO engine? They flow a lot better than a mustang intake, and naturally are leagues above a lopo intake.
    -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

If you want to eliminate the EGR, no prob. If you want EGR, you'll need the external one... which may require interesting pipe routing to accomplish.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I was wondering if i needed some heads up on something on it in terms of it not having egr and if it will affect anything

Comment

Just make sure you disable the EGR valve otherwise the ECM will add some extra timing and that could be an issue. The better way to do it is shut off EGR in the tune but just pulling the vacuum line will make it work for no money. EGR is one of those free sort of things. It doesn't cost any power since it shuts off at full throttle, and it might gain a wee bit of fuel economy at cruise because of the extra timing and leaner fuel mix. Not so terrible for emissions either. If the price is right on the part and emissions isn't a problem for you, go for it.

oh, also, you'll want a Lightning EGR spacer to make it fit up right. The stock spacer is too small and it can't be bored out that big. Lighting spacer and the Explorer throttle body with your stock throttle lever makes it all fit up nicely. Need the spacer even without EGR for someplace to mount the throttle cable bracket to.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Price is 60 for lower and upper. Just wanted to ask you all since you all have more experience than i do. Plus my car already throws codes for egr so its whatever on that

Comment

The stock EGR system will not work, but that shouldn't really affect anything except maybe 1-2 mpg on the highway. The lower intake should fit without issue, though you may have to drill the hole for the Air Chrage Temp sensor on cylinder 5 runner. It may also move enough air to go over the ECM's ability to compensate fuel and you might run lean. Other than that, I can't think of anything else.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
              Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

If it might run lean can i put 19s and maybe conpensate for the air?

Comment

Just get it. Good deal at 60. U pull it junkyard pricing right there.
                  ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                  My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                  My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                  But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Gotcha. Thanks guys

Comment

You might want to just hang onto it until you do the MS setup. Either way, intake is cheap enough to be worth buying.
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Yeah that's a steal even if it's wrong. I'd get it. Bought my typhoon on CL for $140, couldn't pass it up.

Comment

Ill post pics when i get it how hard exactly is it to put it on? Seems like you just do the usual routine of taking off the top one. Disconnecting the fuel raid and injectors and then taking off the lower

Comment

Pretty much, just be aware that it moves enough air that the engine might run lean enough to give you trouble. You will need a proper EGR spacer and throttle body as well, the stock parts don't work right.

Comment

Gotcha. Ill just hold off till i can buy a new throttle body and the spacer and 19# injectors

Comment

Working...
                              X