Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

81 Black/Red baby LTD

https://stlouis.craigslist.org/cto/d...590050325.html
    These are highly engineered precision vehicles, the first step in diagnosing the problem is to strike the suspected offending part sharply and repeatedly with a blunt object, then re-test.

Has to be an '83 or newer. LTD replaced the Fairmont on the Fox chassis at that time.

Personally I wouldn't mind finding a Fox LTD with the straight six. Nothing like having 90 HP to get you going.

My Cars:
    -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
    -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
    -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
    -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

Pretty sure they never put the 3.3 in the ltd, only the 3.8 v6, which is crap but functional, except that they blew head gaskets. Had an '81 zephyr wagon with the ol' straight 6 in it. That piece of shit was tough. At close to 300,000 miles it leaked oil from everywhere but ran great until i wrecked it. I want another fox non-mustang.

Comment

Originally posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
        Pretty sure they never put the 3.3 in the ltd, only the 3.8 v6, which is crap but functional, except that they blew head gaskets. Had an '81 zephyr wagon with the ol' straight 6 in it. That piece of shit was tough. At close to 300,000 miles it leaked oil from everywhere but ran great until i wrecked it. I want another fox non-mustang.
        That 200 CI ThriftPower Six was available for the 1983 model year in LTD. In 1984 the 3.8 V6 replaced the I6.

I guess it's all relative when you consider those 200 CI I6s started off in 1963 (which in turn traces itself back to the 144 I6 from 1960 in the Falcon). Not saying our 302/351 Panthers had modern engines by any means when they were made, but V6 applications had definitely made the scene by the time the 200 was replaced in 1984.

My Cars:
        -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
        -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
        -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
        -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

Thriftpower.. Sounds like a holdover slogan from the 40's or 50's.
          1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
          1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Those cars used to be everywhere. In that color combo for some reason. Now they have all disappeared.
            1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
            1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
            Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
            Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

I've seen this exact car (this exact ad) posted somewhere before. Gotta say, a Fox sedan or wagon is a car I've wanted much longer than my interest in Panthers.

Yes, the little baby I6 was in these cars. I've seen them in person like that. Also as stated, it is not older than 83.

Current driver: Ranger
              Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
              | 88 TC | 91 GM
              Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
              Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
              | Junkyards

Comment

Weird they had to 2 crossover years, with fairmonts made 'til '84 and the little LTD's starting in '83. Another one people forget is the fox granada, you really don't see them either. There was one for sale locally on CL that was super clean but they wanted like 6 grand for it. Sorry, for a not-desirable car that's just too much, although i did kinda want it.

Comment

Working...
                X