Master Cylinder for something...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Master Cylinder for something...

Bought this for the 90 and it’s wrong... waited too late to return.

It’s a Centric 13061049.

My 90 has three brake lines going in, this one has only two: Drivers side front, smaller thread. Passenger side rear, larger thread.

Based on visuals from other manufactures listings, this probably fits 1988-1991 police cars. If someone that has one could check their brake lines going into the master cylinder, that’d be great.

It’s brand new. It does not come with a new reservoir, but I have a used one if you want it.

If you can use it, it’s yours for $1 + shipping. Because dollar stores are great.
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

I checked my 90 CV police car today. It has three lines going into the master cylinder. It could be possible that the police package with the 351 may have bigger brakes. We had 91 CVs with the 351 and they seemed to be a heavier car than my 90 with the 302

Comment

My 91 MGM LS (M75) uses the 3-port master cylinder. The front brakes both go directly to it with no frame-mounted splitter or valve.

Not voicing interest - just info.
      Last edited by kishy; 06-11-2018, 08:40 AM.

Current driver: wagon
      Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
      | 88 TC | 91 GM
      Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
      Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
      | Junkyards

Comment

Thank you both for checking.

Hmmm... Maybe it’s a unicorn that doesn’t fit anything. If anyone figures out an application, let me know.

I assume one could rebuild another with the guts from this one.

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

I have seen either a 90 or 91 (sorry, no way of verifying which) LTD CV LX that used the 2-port one like you describe. Was def not a cop car. It had a frame-mounted splitter for the front brakes only, the rears went directly off the master.

Edit: it was this car: https://flic.kr/p/XYkENh, https://flic.kr/p/XehzWu
          Edit again: yes, it was an 89. I remembered it as a 90-91 but then found the pics again later.
          Last edited by kishy; 06-11-2018, 10:09 AM.

Current driver: wagon
          Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
          | 88 TC | 91 GM
          Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
          Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
          | Junkyards

Comment

That looks like an '89 if the next pic in your flickr album showing the door tag for a '89 is the same car. The picture after that door tag shows the master cylinder in question.
            Last edited by VicCrownVic; 06-11-2018, 09:33 AM. Reason: Corrected model year. K='89, L='90.
            Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
            ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
            ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
            ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

It is an 89. The larger hole is where the prop valve screws into. WagonMan
              89 Colony Park
              90 Colony Park
              70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Comment

Yep that’s the one. Thanks for the identification help. At least we know it fits something.

My 88 has two ports, but they are both passenger side outlet (small front and large rear).

So there are at least three late box master cylinders. I’m glad we don’t have ABS or cruise control switches to add to this mix.

So: it’s for sale for $1 plus shipping, but check your car first to verify fitment. One large rear port passenger side and one small port driver side front.

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

Working...
                X