No announcement yet.

bigger, big brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL I think Marty unwittingly tapped into an undiscovered market.

Comment

Originally posted by 88grandmarq View Post
      I have been able to confirm with Marty at MO's speed shop, he has had brackets made to bolt the corvette calipers to the 98-2002 crown vic/grandmarquis spindles. So far the brackets have been successfully test fit on a set of spindles, but a full install has not been completed yet.

I have asked marty to send me pricing details and pictures.
      Keep us updated for sure.
      1989 Country Squire - Twilight Blue, 347 stroker

2005 Crown Victoria Sport - Black - Stainless Works full exhaust with Borla Pro XS mufflers, BBK 75mm TB, Accufab plenum, CVPI airbox, Heinous control arms, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by sxcpotatoes View Post
        WHY must you TEMPT me with this right as I'm parts-collecting for my Big Brake upgrade!?!? I think I remember this being mentioned in another thread and I got excited and was told there was no way to bolt the stuff to the '94 or '02 spindles (is there any difference between them?). Keep us updated on costs asap, please.
        Just remember, you need 18" or larger wheels to clear the brakes.
        2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
        89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
        88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
          LOL I think Marty unwittingly tapped into an undiscovered market.
          nothing Marty does is "unwittingly"... he just hasnt had time to develop the kit.

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

Then he can count on at least me bugging him for those adapters; one for my '05 MGM and the other for my '86 CV which is getting its big(ger) brake upgrade; when that one is tested and out in the market.

Comment

If it requires 98-02 brakes already, its not like a standard big brake upgrade is a wasted effort. Still need everything except for the actual brake components. It also lets you do this upgrade at a later time if you don't have the bigass wheels to clear it.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

If you have an 03+, and run 18's it's worth it for sure. Did it on the Marauder a month or so ago and I love it, really fills in the wheel.

As for putting it on a 98-02, that's be great to see, interested for sure. I've read about it being done before on MMN, but never seen any pics. Obviously the adapter bracket needs to be different, but aside from that, it's the same basic principle. Hell all it is in the first place is a copy of the 03+ Baer big brake kit except it uses the GT500 rotors instead of the Baer ones that are notorious for warping and stupid expensive.

Fun trivia, the factory 98-02 rotors are larger than the 03+

GT500 - 03+ - 98-02 - 92-~95
                2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
                  Then he can count on at least me bugging him for those adapters; one for my '05 MGM and the other for my '86 CV which is getting its big(ger) brake upgrade; when that one is tested and out in the market.
                  So marty is working on the brackets if he is the only other part would be if the gt500 rotors would fit on the 02- spindle ��

Edit
                  I message him he said 180 shipped for the brackets �� he said he will send me pic Saturday
                  Last edited by Elias; 06-15-2018, 01:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Elias View Post
                    So marty is working on the brackets if he is the only other part would be if the gt500 rotors would fit on the 02- spindle ��

Edit
                    I message him he said 180 shipped for the brackets �� he said he will send me pic Saturday
                    step 1) you need to have 98-2002 big brakes already on your car.

step 2) you will need the conversion adapter from marty
                    you will need loaded front brake calipers from a C5 corvette. when I say loaded it means it comes with the caliper mounting bracket and all the mounting hardware. the caliper mounting bracket is what bolts the caliper to the adapter you get from Marty

step 3) you will need front brake rotors from a mustang GT500

step 4) you will need new front brake hoses to adapt the corvette calipers to the current hard line you have. I am working Todd at TCE to find out if the stainless steel lines he offers for the 2003 up cars will work for older cars.

http://www.tceperformanceproducts.com/marauder/kits-17/

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	9.8 KB
ID:	1284176
                    Last edited by 88grandmarq; 06-15-2018, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X