PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: bigger, big brakes

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

If it requires 98-02 brakes already, its not like a standard big brake upgrade is a wasted effort. Still need everything except for the actual brake components. It also lets you do this upgrade at a later time if you don't have the bigass wheels to clear it.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

If you have an 03+, and run 18's it's worth it for sure. Did it on the Marauder a month or so ago and I love it, really fills in the wheel.

As for putting it on a 98-02, that's be great to see, interested for sure. I've read about it being done before on MMN, but never seen any pics. Obviously the adapter bracket needs to be different, but aside from that, it's the same basic principle. Hell all it is in the first place is a copy of the 03+ Baer big brake kit except it uses the GT500 rotors instead of the Baer ones that are notorious for warping and stupid expensive.

Fun trivia, the factory 98-02 rotors are larger than the 03+

GT500 - 03+ - 98-02 - 92-~95

Quote Originally Posted by packman View Post
    Then he can count on at least me bugging him for those adapters; one for my '05 MGM and the other for my '86 CV which is getting its big(ger) brake upgrade; when that one is tested and out in the market.
    So marty is working on the brackets if he is the only other part would be if the gt500 rotors would fit on the 02- spindle ��

Edit
    I message him he said 180 shipped for the brackets �� he said he will send me pic Saturday
    Last edited by Elias; 06-15-2018 at 01:12 AM.

My screen name is GREEN, Bitches ! 88grandmarq's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elias View Post
    So marty is working on the brackets if he is the only other part would be if the gt500 rotors would fit on the 02- spindle ��

Edit
    I message him he said 180 shipped for the brackets �� he said he will send me pic Saturday
    step 1) you need to have 98-2002 big brakes already on your car.

step 2) you will need the conversion adapter from marty
    you will need loaded front brake calipers from a C5 corvette. when I say loaded it means it comes with the caliper mounting bracket and all the mounting hardware. the caliper mounting bracket is what bolts the caliper to the adapter you get from Marty

step 3) you will need front brake rotors from a mustang GT500

step 4) you will need new front brake hoses to adapt the corvette calipers to the current hard line you have. I am working Todd at TCE to find out if the stainless steel lines he offers for the 2003 up cars will work for older cars.

http://www.tceperformanceproducts.com/marauder/kits-17/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	5 
Size:	9.8 KB 
ID:	50252
    Last edited by 88grandmarq; 06-15-2018 at 02:54 PM.
    2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
    89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
    88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12