No announcement yet.

Xtra-clean base 84 TC on eBay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The amber lenses are overrated. I think it's cool to have the faux crystal look like your '84 has that then light up nice & amber like with the bulb. Calf catcher bumpers are odd yet are growing on me. I like the reverse lights in the bumper, the dual bulb tail lights and pointiness of both ends. Lets not forget the cool keyhole cover for the decklid. If only these cars had fender indicators for the turnsignals, those are cool. Or the fiberoptic bulb out warning system like Casmolac had.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
      never been a fan of the faux spoke cover thing. Makes me think of toupees..
      No argument. Not in love with the look, and they rattle so F that. Of course I guess you could say the real spoke wheels are fake too, the spokes are not structural. I still think those or the lace turbines look better than the wire hubcaps tho.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Agreed, I know they were an extra cost option but they still look chincy and cheap to me. A poser thing. Lace turbines & the fake real spoke wheels do look better, I like the wire wheel look with the rag top cars. At least the wires are integral to the wheel and not something that's meant to come off.
        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
        1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by kishy View Post
          I am definitely partial to some elements of the 80-84 Lincoln, over the 85-89, particularly the "extra-pointy corners", Lincoln emblems embedded in front turn signals and taillights, and the fat bumpers. I do not think the slimmer bumper looks right at all, particularly at the front, but I also think the 80-81 Mark VI bumper (with faux grille) is much better than the 1980 Continental/82-83 Mark VI/81-84 Town Car bumper.

I have long toyed with the idea of putting 89 amber parking lamps on my car (<3 amber), but I'd have to lose the extra-pointy corners to do it, and that's just not a compromise I'm willing to make.
          Yes! The pointy corners and overall squareness are what really make it for me. I like the later ones too just not as much.

Comment

Working...
          X