Xtra-clean base 84 TC on eBay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xtra-clean base 84 TC on eBay

This thing is remarkably clean. It's also remarkably base, and I feel like we've seen it before, but anyway, here it is: https://www.ebay.com/itm/183273144233

There's no reserve and it has decent bidding activity so this car is going to sell.

It even has the front seat recline delete...this is about as rental-car-spec as I can imagine a Lincoln being.

Decided to screenshot and condense some of these photos, but want to upload them here for posterity...this car is crazy clean.

Click image for larger version

Name:	84ltc_ebay_01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	109.9 KB
ID:	1304549 Click image for larger version

Name:	84ltc_ebay_02.jpg
Size:	142.3 KB
ID:	1304548 Click image for larger version

Name:	84ltc_ebay_03.jpg
Size:	145.7 KB
ID:	1304547 Click image for larger version

Name:	84ltc_ebay_04.jpg
Size:	111.0 KB
ID:	1304546 Click image for larger version

Name:	84ltc_ebay_05.jpg
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	1304545 Click image for larger version

Name:	84ltc_ebay_06.jpg
Size:	106.9 KB
ID:	1304544 Click image for larger version

Name:	84ltc_ebay_07.jpg
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	1304543 Click image for larger version

Name:	84ltc_ebay_08.jpg
Size:	105.8 KB
ID:	1304542 Click image for larger version

Name:	84ltc_ebay_09.jpg
Size:	124.8 KB
ID:	1304541 Click image for larger version

Name:	84ltc_ebay_10.jpg
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	1304540
    Last edited by kishy; 06-15-2018, 01:14 PM.

Current driver: Ranger
    Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
    | 88 TC | 91 GM
    Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
    Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
    | Junkyards

Pics 2/2

Click image for larger version

Name:	84ltc_ebay_11.jpg
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	1284175 Click image for larger version

Name:	84ltc_ebay_12.jpg
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	1284174 Click image for larger version

Name:	84ltc_ebay_13.jpg
Size:	119.6 KB
ID:	1284173 Click image for larger version

Name:	84ltc_ebay_14.jpg
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	1284172 Click image for larger version

Name:	84ltc_ebay_15.jpg
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	1284171
    Last edited by kishy; 06-15-2018, 01:15 PM.

| 88 TC | 91 GM
    | Junkyards

Comment

Base model or otherwise, it looks great.

My Cars:
      -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
      -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
      -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
      -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

I didn’t know seat recline delete was a thing! Apparently it is.

I like those hubcaps for reasons I can’t describe. Just dig ‘em on that car.
        1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
        1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
        Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
        Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Clean but yeah, holy hell it's so base. No thanks.

Tiggie, those are the same wheel covers I wanted to get for my winter wheel & tire set. Couldn't find 'em.

kishy, check the shoutbox, there's a clean '84 for $800 or so.. Sig Series.
          1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
          1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

This TC had to be a special order. It has the most basic radio without cassette. Driver seat without the recline had to be a delete item.
            Those arm rests are perfect and the glove box door is straight. Original blue/yellow Ca license plate. Had to have been garaged all its life. I would think the floor mats were good but like most dealers do, they trash them just because. I would buy it.

Comment

Its pretty.
              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I didn't even know you could get seats without the manual recline. Its even more stripped than mine was. I at least got the wire spoke hubcaps, recline seats, and a tape deck.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

It doesn't even have autolamps (no sensor hole in the dash pad).

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                  Originally posted by gadget73
                  ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                  Originally posted by dmccaig
                  Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

That was an option. My car doesn't have it either. Don't recall if the original pad had the holes or not. Current one does, but still no autolamp.
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                      I didn't even know you could get seats without the manual recline. Its even more stripped than mine was. I at least got the wire spoke hubcaps, recline seats, and a tape deck.
                      Originally posted by sly View Post
                      It doesn't even have autolamps (no sensor hole in the dash pad).
                      Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                      That was an option. My car doesn't have it either. Don't recall if the original pad had the holes or not. Current one does, but still no autolamp.
                      Didn't your car also have the tow package from the factory?

And yep, autolamp was optional equipment as was illuminated entry. Signature Series cars got those options as well as power passenger seat, French roof, turbines and the pillow seats as standard equipment. The wheels could have been a later year thing or perhaps there was a shortage of them as I've seen many Sig Series cars with the wire wheel covers instead. So that or people deleted them for credit but I do remember Miami Bob saying he bought his '87 new with turbines but got a letter saying there was a shortage of them so he took the wire wheel covers instead.

Comment

It does. I do need to put the wiring harness back in for that.

I believe the locking wire hubcaps were the standard wheels for Signature models, but many got upgraded. They would have been an upgrade for the base model. Standard was the flat caps like the 84 above has, or something similar to them. The base cap changed over the years but they were all something fairly flat and not-fancy.

Comment

I think the wire covers were optional all the way to the end. Could have been standard on early sig cars but the dealer brochure I've got for '88 says the turbines were standard with Signature Series. I like the flat covers like that '84 has though, never been a fan of the faux spoke cover thing. Makes me think of toupees..

Comment

Damn i want an '84...that thing is cool.

Comment

I am definitely partial to some elements of the 80-84 Lincoln, over the 85-89, particularly the "extra-pointy corners", Lincoln emblems embedded in front turn signals and taillights, and the fat bumpers. I do not think the slimmer bumper looks right at all, particularly at the front, but I also think the 80-81 Mark VI bumper (with faux grille) is much better than the 1980 Continental/82-83 Mark VI/81-84 Town Car bumper.

I have long toyed with the idea of putting 89 amber parking lamps on my car (<3 amber), but I'd have to lose the extra-pointy corners to do it, and that's just not a compromise I'm willing to make.

| 88 TC | 91 GM
                              | Junkyards

Comment

Working...
                              X